[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much can my Taxes be deducted if I donate to Charity? USA btw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1461537383714.jpg (294 KB, 719x717) Image search: [Google]
1461537383714.jpg
294 KB, 719x717
How much can my Taxes be deducted if I donate to Charity? USA btw.
>>
What tax bracket are you in?

Let's say 20%. If that's the case, then you can knock a dollar off your taxes for every $5 that you donate until you've reduced your taxable income to a lower bracket.

In any case, it's not possible to save money by donating to charity versus just paying the taxes.
>>
>>1241325
You should be contributing to a 401(k) and IRA instead since it actually reduces your tax obligations and lets you keep your money for a later date.
>>
You only pay more taxes on the income that exceeds your tax bracket so giving money away won't save you any cent just the opposite.

It works if it is "charity" and if you somehow profit from it which I am sure isn't the case.
You wanna evade taxes but don't even understand something as simple as that.

For any normal person there isn't a legal way of avoiding taxes
>>
However, keep in mind that the deduction amounts for charity giving are pointless if you don't have enough deductions total to itemize (rather than just taking the standard deduction). Every time I've tried to claim things like charity giving it was useless since I have so few other deductions, the standard deduction was still far better than my itemizing.
>>
>>1241475
>For any normal person there isn't a legal way of avoiding taxes
Donation of appreciated securities is as close to avoiding taxes as you can get. You don't pay capital gains on the appreciation, but you get to deduct the full market value of the asset.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.