[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do people who do identity theft and all that other kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1460742827409 (1).jpg (391 KB, 1374x1425) Image search: [Google]
1460742827409 (1).jpg
391 KB, 1374x1425
Where do people who do identity theft and all that other kind of stuff talk about it on the internet?
How do they learn to do it?

>tfw can't make friends easily
I'll never be able to network my way to the top.
That was unrelated to my question, just thinking out loud.
>>
>>1241278

I'm sure the ones who get away with it don't actually talk about it anywhere.

The retards who do talk about it on irc or whatever are the ones you always hear about getting caught.
>>
>>1241282
This

And I don't think identity theft is something you can get away with now the same way you could 50 years ago.
>>
>>
>>1241296

It definitely seems like a lot more trouble than it is worth.

I'd imagine you have to set up P.O. boxes to have things sent to that you order, they could only be small items, when the unauthorized charge gets halted the police would have the box authority flag the account, then you'd get arrested when you went in to pick up the item and exposed yourself.

It seems like the only way to really get anything from identity theft would be to access a bank account or something similar and transfer it to an institution in another country.
>>
Watched a short doc about a guy who did this kind of stuff.

He said he started when he was very young trying to get money for sweets by pretending to be collecting for a charity and going to people's houses and asking for money. Think he was about 11 and slowly worked up with his mates till he continued alone
>>
>>1241432
He took people he knew arbitrarily or people who had wrong him and used their personal details to open credit cards etc
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.