[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Managing/Growing Capital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: hedi-xandt-2.jpg (78 KB, 565x830) Image search: [Google]
hedi-xandt-2.jpg
78 KB, 565x830
So I recently bought about 8,000 stocks at $0.365 each.

Say I want to sell at $0.50, I make a nice profit of about $1000, but then what? Do I just take that extra money and invest it again in different shares? Split it and put $2k in one share and buy back into the original stock if I think it might keep going up? I want to hear /biz/'s opinion on managing your capital since I want more and just keep imagining how much money I could have made if I originally invested like 10k in this stock.

And yeah if you can't tell I'm a bit of a noob.

>pic unrelated
>>
have you put any thought into how you will be paying taxes?
>>
>>1240310
No
>>
Liquidate your account. Open one with Excel futures and let them take care of you. It's commodities, not stocks. Much more leverage but higher volatility. You shouldn't be doing the investing yourself unless you have a ten hour day to pay attention to your portfolio, every day of the week.
I worked as a broker for a number of years, and I trust this firm
>>
>>1240349

ok well if youre trading stocks, expect to get a form at the behinning of the year detailing your trading history.

expect to be taxed as if it was income, so with 1k profots, fogure out if you want to put 400 in savings to pay back next year, or re invest it.

if your income ia such that you can fork over 400 easy, then reinvest it all.

also, if you dont pay the taxes and are using something like td ameritrade or pretty mich anu service, expect to get a bill for taxes owed.
>>
Also, if you can get euro dollar time deposits for cheap, that would be s good investment, shorting them.
>>
>>1240307
>he fell for the galaxy meme
>>
as far as i know here in the netherlands, you only pay taxes above a certain limit and only if you withdraw that money, if its in your portfolio and you keep investing that money you won't have to pay taxes
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.