[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm currently 24 with a degree in Information Systems, which
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: logo[1].jpg (19 KB, 500x158) Image search: [Google]
logo[1].jpg
19 KB, 500x158
I'm currently 24 with a degree in Information Systems, which I feel is basically useless because I didn't learn anything useful in college. I haven't found a job and live with my parents, and I've been out of college for almost a year now. I tried joining the airforce, but they disqualified me due to a skin condition that I don't have.

A friend of mine just got me to go to one of Leadership Team Development's sessions. What is /biz/ experience with these people? I know it is like a pyramid scheme, but is that necessarily a bad thing?
>>
>>1240284

don't do it!!! Once you have a degree any NEET time is completely toxic. Apply for any tech job, even if it doesn't require a degree.

If you don't feel like you learned anything, quality engineering (quality assurance analyst) is the perfect position for you.
>>
>>1240296
well I can always put that I worked for my mom's business on my resume, (she runs her own business) should I do that? Also I have applied to tons of tech jobs. They just look at my resume, see I've only worked in retail part time in highschool and am unemployed and they toss me out.
>>
>>1240312

absolutely do that.

also take a SQL class at one of those free online coding schools like code academy so you can list that on your resume as a skill. you should be able to have a basic grasp on it in a weekend. lots of employers want SQL experience.
>>
>>1240322
thanks for the advice man. much respect to you!
>>
>>1240284

My IS course is teaching me SQL, Python, database design, enterprise architecture and information security analysis, and that's just this term. I don't know what the fuck you must have done in your degree.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.