[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would I go about starting a bike share business in an urban
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: bike-share-660.jpg (351 KB, 660x425) Image search: [Google]
bike-share-660.jpg
351 KB, 660x425
How would I go about starting a bike share business in an urban area? There's a clear demand for it in LA, but I've yet to see any available.
Any anons have any experience with bikeshare systems?
>>
>>1239944
I know that the state has put up a lot of these in Denmark, and that they're barely used. However they're often vandalized.

I'll almost guarantee you that it'll be shitty for you.
>>
The problem with bike rentals is that where people want bikes is not often where they take them to. You now need trucks to load them up and shuffle them around.

This costs time, money, and resources, and a bike sharing system isn't likely to have a lot of the two latter.
>>
Wow, LA, quite the ballsy choice. Aren't you worried about people being hit by cars while on your bike?

I'd think the danger factor would stifle any interest in bikes.
>>
>>1239944
Wasn't something like this tried in New York but they ended up getting stolen? I know of a guy who does have a successful bike rental but it is a side part of his bike selling business. Your best bet would be to open a store near by where folks would want bikes for transportation and rent from there. Rent to try then sell them the actual bike.
>>
>>1240023
Yeah it usually works best to rent them in a shop where you also sell them. The automated things don't work unless you live in a vandalism-free fantasy land, where everyone has their own bike anyway.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.