[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Migration
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 356789.jpg (30 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
356789.jpg
30 KB, 307x386
>tfw I was born in Western Massachusetts
>tfw nearest city is a shithole which has no bright future
>tfw Boston is overpriced

Going to be graduating with Bachelors in Finance next year.

If you could suggest a city to migrate to what would it be? Don't like overpriced places like NYC, Boston, SF.

Also like the prospect of owning a nice house in suburb. A house which actually has a decent sized lawn. ex- 0.5 acres

Suggestions? Assuming I can even get a job.
>>
Anywhere in the Midwest is dirt cheap. Down side is you have to live in the Midwest.
>>
> Boston
> too expensive
You might need a reality check.

Colorado is probably the best mix of Cheap and Good
pure numbers

comparables include Texas, chicago, florida
each with its own cons in order, its texas, blacks, crazy.
>>
I moved to Boston after living in Springfield my whole life four years ago and I wish I'd done it earlier. You'll do fine in Boston. The higher cost of living is worth it when you're living in a decent city that attracts the best and brightest instead of a depressing shithole full of hopeless people.
>>
>>1239465
What comic is this picture from??
>>
>>1239612
>You might need a reality check
How exactly? It is expensive. The whole Boston metro is as well. From my point of view at least considering I live in a suburb near a shit tier smaller city.

>Colorado
Denver?
>>1239721
The thing is one day I want to buy a house and I know for a fact a house which would cost 500k around where I live would be way over 1 million in Boston metro.
>>1239730
http://imgur.com/a/gGciu
>>
>>1239491
>Down side is you have to live in the Midwest.

And wage slave in AC cubicles all day? Does not sound too bad.
>>
>>1239491

As someone from the midwest, I'll take living here over a big city just because I hate being around people.

I got a small house I live in now near the woods and I couldn't be happier.

You just have to find out a way around the jobs problem, because there will be nothing for miles and miles.
>>
>>1239939
Remember,
The price is what you pay. The value is what you get. -Warren Buffett

"Dreamhouse" in the middle of nowhere with low rent people in a low rent place. Go ahead. but relationships are far more valuable In my life relative to my ability to make money than my relative comfort. Many people have to minimize certain parts of their life to maximize the parts that matter.
I like building shit and would like a workshop but its backburnered until my education is done and I have some decent stability.
A house is just sticks stones and glue when you get down to it.

The ultimate goal is daily happiness though and if square footage makes you happy, and it does for a lot of people, than go for it.

If you can make 500k in 30 years you can definitely make a million in 30 years.
>>
>>1240159
jealous.

>You just have to find out a way around the jobs problem, because there will be nothing for miles and miles.
Well, what's the secret??
>>
>>1239465
Ayy Worcesterite over here
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.