[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I have been doing life wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 52908603.jpg (135 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
52908603.jpg
135 KB, 500x366
I am running a multi million dollar business. I have been doing this for over a year, and a half since my older brother quit. My father, and mother are both owners of the business, but are drug addicts, and my father has a number of health problems making him incapable of handling anything as strenuous as running a cash register standing up for more than 30 minutes. My mother is a little better, but her frequent paranoia, and panic attacks make staffing problematic for her. She has despite not being involved in the daily operation of the business developed a habit of showing up twice a month to make a employee quit, of fire them for no particular reason. Typically from my 1st string. Leaving me with mostly potheads, and dropouts as staff, and constantly needing more workers. My father enjoys using his less than a hour of energy to break things in his frustration of no longer understanding them, or attempt to lecture me on the disadvantages of using the veder route (A system that monitors our volume, and has safety functions.) or, the uselessness of paying 200 dollars for a time clock "because you barely have anyone working here" . At the time of opening we have a gas pumper, and one cashier, then by 8 we have two cashiers, by ten we have a chief, by 12 we have a ice cream attendant that also functions as a chief, and by four we have two ice cream attendants. We have nine employees punching in, and out in a typical day at one location, we have two locations. My brother, well I kicked him out for stealing from our parents. He has been bumming off my grandparents for over a year, and a half now.

My parents have no will, and when they die the government will liquidate their assets, undoing all my hard work for 10% market value, then give 50% to my brother, or give him the company outright if he can establish next of kin rights, which is unlikely.
So, this is a thing, I guess.
What should I do, /biz/?
>>
I had at least expected some insults.
>>
>>1238750
Calm your tits, this is a slower board. Have a free bump
>>
Can you really not get them to write a will in your favor based on how well you've been running things? Explain that the government will take it otherwise.

Can you get them deemed insane or a danger to themselves or tell on them for doing drugs and have you named as legal guardian since your bros a thief?

Could you kill them and then sell them in little pieces through the gas pumps back to their customers? Maybe a landscaper fills up at your station and then cuts your dad's lawn powered by your dad? You think of that fucker?

Also buy Trump coin
>>
>>1238739
Id just walk away with no will.

Obv you cant have him sign off your crackhead mum but why take the abuse if you wont get a payout?
>>
>>1238775
Everything but the Trump Coin is golden advice. If you can't make them make a will then quit.
>>
>>1238775
I have tried, they are not "All there" and don't exactly have a grasp on what is going on. The other when preparing to open the store, my father walked into the front door, to my surprise, since it was very early in the morning, and nobody should be entering my home, he then said "Spoon, are you ready for school?" "Dad, are you okay?" "Spoon don't be like this." "Dad i have not been in school for a while now, i'm going to go open the store right now, remember?" I then brought him along with me to open the store, and had to keep an eye on him for the rest of the day while doing my daily stuff. My concern with taking legal action against him is the local police are currently under FBI investigation because of a affair one of their cops had with one of my cashiers. The cashier was stealing from me, so I provided the evidence to the police, and we went down for him to arrest her, and me to fire her, and inform her of the charges I was placing against her. He did not cuff her, and was shaking like a leaf, I attributed this to him being a young man who had not done stuff like this before. He drove her home, and I discovered that he had not filed anything against her. After submitting a complete tally, and compiling my case I tried to speak with the chief, who pretended like he was getting a radio to do something whenever someone said something about a domestic dispute on his radio, the officer being heard asking "No, its fine chief, I have everything under control." as he was leaving to drive off. I then spoke with the state about it, and the FBI got involved, taking the case into their hands. One of their cops is in federal custody at the moment, they are not particularly happy with me. Killing my parents for being assholes, and crazy seems a little, well, evil. I don't need the place that badly.
>>
>>1238789
>>1238782
Well, if I walk away, they end up shutting down, or closing down almost immediately, then get screwed by my competition who will buy the place for nearly nothing. The idea of the people I have nearly put out of business winning, and taking advantage of my family does not sit well with me.
>>
File: Fam.png (646 KB, 541x805) Image search: [Google]
Fam.png
646 KB, 541x805
Do you have any controlling interest in this company?
Can you buy them out? just get that 51% voting rights man.
The Small Business Association is authorized to loan $25 Million to any breather with a credit score and a business plan to purchase an existing business.
The fact that you've been managing it for over 1 year with improved numbers on the books basically makes you a shoe in.
I'm pretty sure buying them out would be the easiest thing.
Take out the loan and a few years later when they depart the mortal plane, inherit the money and pay off the loan or buy 2nd gas station.

Anyway don't worry about taking legal action either. Civil matter are not criminal and in no way the jurisdiction of the police who's duty is to uphold the peace.

Also you don't want a will government gets first cut. Put the property into a trust. Paperwork doesn't die. Therefore no inheritance, therefore no estate tax.

Ultimately you're going to either put them up or be declared their legal guardian or gain a power of attorney some way.

You might not be the person to tell them. Any decent attorney will have 100 pictures in their desk of people who had a heart attack on the spot when no death disability rights person was named. And that these are the most basic things that should simply be a matter of course. Going into business without an exit plan is fucking suicide.

In the meantime, talk to a doctor about the signs of dementia, and start tracking these incidents to keep a record, to make a decent case to a civil judge.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-to-do-when-parents-lose-their-money-minds-2013-03-26
http://psychcentral.com/lib/keeping-your-mind-while-your-aging-parents-lose-theirs/

Your family doesn't seem like the type who reads but pic related makes some really good points about a making a dynasty. Maybe get it into their heads that they're dying soon, and want to leave something other than ash behind for their family.
>>
hire me get me a green card and i shall take care of this for you. no scruples
>>
you're a great man OP. Don't give up!
>>
>>1238739
OP, its simple
>Print out fedex delivery receipt form
>cut 2 inches off the bottom.
>Write up a will which basically transfers all assets to you, 100%.
>Use a clip board and put the signiture spot, underneath the fedex form.
Now here's the tricky part:
>Get a friend who is notarized and appeal to them the horror of your situation, offer them a thousand dollars to come to the store and bear witness to them signing the contract.
>Do the old switchero, the notarized friend can sign as a witness, afterall, he did watch your folks sign the document so he's guilt free
>Profit?

You can always give your brother the deserved share after the fact.
>>
>>1240243
I'd just like to add, this is basically a victimless crime. Your parents have lost their minds, the government doesnt give a shit about who gets the place, its less than a drop in a bucket, and your brother will be better off too if you take it and give him his 50% or whatever. Its much better than everyone getting fucked
>>
File: black crime.jpg (110 KB, 500x649) Image search: [Google]
black crime.jpg
110 KB, 500x649
>>1238739

So if I'm hearing you right:

> your parents have a successful business
> you work for that business
> both parents are basically nuts
> they don't listen to anything you say
> they have zero interest in turning the company over to you one day

Well. It's like any other job. If they aren't paying you well, then shop the resume out there, and work for someone else.

I have a friend in a similar position. He's ready to take over the company but the parents dont wanna let go, and they dont want to give him any real money or power.

Hes thinking of just leaving and starting his own company.

If you can't reason with a person then you have zero influence over any interaction between the two of you.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.