[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
brexit betting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 160429_eu_polls.jpg (122 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
160429_eu_polls.jpg
122 KB, 1200x675
Why are the odds on betting on brexit not even close to the polls?

Leave is 9/4 or x3.25 your money.

I'm seriously contemplating putting 5K on it, seems like a sound risk/reward investment.

Talk me out of it /biz
>>
>>1238301
>Talk me out of it
Why? I'm betting against you.
>>
>>1238311

I have 2K riding on remain, made it few months earlier.

Now it just seems stupid. The online narrative is heavily towards leave and I haven't met any pro remain person.

Why do you think they will stay?
>>
>>1238301
The fear tactics wear people down more than the positivity of 'out'

If people havent decided if they are out by now then they probably never will be
>>
>>1238321

Just saw a poll in the telepgraph with 360k voters(!) where it has 72% leave.

Nearly all the polls that have remain winning are telephone polls. Also remain voters are way less likely to actually go out and vote.

The main demographic of in is 18-29 and we all know how little young people vote (based Bernie)
>>
>>1238301
As a rule of thumb, the exciting outcome is never the one that happens.

Ive been waiting for the EU to fall apart for so long now... Greece staying in over the summer was the final piece that made me lose hope it will ever happen.
>>
>>1238328
Fair point, maybe it will be a lot more close than I thought
>>
>>1238301
Doesn't matter. 90% chance it will be rigged, narrow loss for brexit.
>>
>>1238504
>>1239031
this and that

It is not in the interest of global elite for brexit to happen, therefore it won't. The scaremongering tactics are in full motion, even USA president chipped in with his 2 cents. And in case Brits still vote the 'incorrect' choice, they will find a way to make the referendum not binding. Like when Ireland voted against the Lisbon treaty in 2009 and they repeated the referendum and launched a massive brainwashing campaign funded by Irish goverment and EU.

BTW, Trump is not gonna be the president either.

Bookies set the odds of Brexit happening at 2.9 (vs not happening at 1.32), Trump being elected at 3 and Clinton at 1.33.
>>
>>1238301
historically odds have been much better at predicting outcomes of elections than surveys. this is one of the areas where the free market for price discovery actually works really well
>>
>>1238319
Jews
>>
File: herslag.jpg (66 KB, 600x580) Image search: [Google]
herslag.jpg
66 KB, 600x580
brexit odds are pretty much correct, brits are sheeples and they have been scared to death by their media if they would vote exit.

trump however should and will have much lower odds soon. 55/45 for hillary
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.