[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Churning thread? Churning thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 300x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 300x191
I'm just getting started with this, looking to hear some stories and get advice.

Just got the Chase Saphire Preffered, will probably get the Freedom Unlimited after I hit the CSP minimum spend. I have a $4000 Disney trip to put on the card so that'll take care of that.

I spend about $2250/mo, but $1000 of that is my mortgage which I don't think I can readily pay with a CC. Fako score is 760.

What's in your wallet? What are you churning? What are you redeeming?
>>
>>1236941
>I have a $4000 Disney trip to put on the card so that'll take care of that.

Are you taking your wife's son?
>>
Don't have anything to add but I'm at 120k aa miles right now from the citi platinum card loophole
>>
>>1237005
Nah man, my mother in law's daughter and her husbands daughter.
>>
I have a bunch of credit cards that make sense for various reasons.

>Two different 2% cashback everything cards (Priceline Rewards Visa, Citi Double Cash)
>Two 5% rotating categories cards (Discover It, Chase Freedom)
>Two airline credit cards (American Airlines & United Airlines)
>A "pick your 5%" card (US Bank Cash Plus)
>hotel credit card (Marriott Platinum Visa)
>3% grocery Amex
>5% gas Visa
>1% cashback card from main bank (Wells fargo) for credit score

Be careful with Chase, they have a "relationship satisfaction" score. If you get cards for the 1 year no annual fee + bonus and then close them, you can and will be banned for years from future offers from them for "previous unsatisfactory relationship with bank".

I got $150 from the Chase Freedom this past winter but that was more to get 10% off a large Amazon purchase, the $150 is gravy. No annual fee means no reason to close it.
>>
>>1237920

>Making money off the cash is king cucks.

Merchants pass on the credit card fees that pay for your rewards to the cash buyers.
>>
>>1237962
Not necessarily. The costs of card processing, as well as the additional profit from morons who buy shit they can't afford and then pay it off with interest, both gives the merchant additional profit they would not have had and gives the bank a way to pay the bills.

Did you see widespread consumer price decreases when Durbin swipe fee took reform, even though 1/3 of American purchases are made via debit?
>>
whats the preferred churning method these days? still redbird?
>>
>>1237962
So?

They have to pay fees for people to handle hard cash also
>>
WTF is churning?
Can someone give me a greentext or redpill or go-to guide?
>>
>>1241216
Basically, opening up credit cards to get the signup bonuses, then closing them. Rinse and repeat.

There are occasionally some loopholes and glitches you can take advantage of; I think one of Citi's cards recently had an issue where people could apply and reapply again and again to get the same card, which came with another signup bonus each time. They'd get hundreds of thousands (?) of airline miles for next to nothing.
>>
Most of the churning methods were killed earlier this year.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.