[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was wondering if programmers now make less money then let say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: programmer.jpg (51 KB, 500x358) Image search: [Google]
programmer.jpg
51 KB, 500x358
I was wondering if programmers now make less money then let say 15-20 years ago ?

I’m thinking of a career change but I’m not sure if wages in that sector are going up, down or staying the same.
>>
>>1235836
why would you do that?
>>
>>1235836

offshored-to-India tier
>>
>>1235836
>I was wondering if programmers now make less money then let say 15-20 years ago ?
a lot less but still one of the best paying occupation and the demand just keeps going up it shows no signs of slowing down.
>>
>>1235979
lots of pajeet level "programmers" flooded the market of late and companies starting to realize that good programmers are still hard to come by.
so there is huge diversity in paychecks based on ability.
and one other thing degrees mean very little to nothing to how able programmer you are. so this is one field where you can get by just fine with no degree but you need some work experience and for that you have to start at the bottom.
>>
>>1235836
Why haven't you done the research on the matter if it on something as important as your possible career?
>>
>>1235836
Depends on what you're doing.

Server/Database Admins still make decent money as far as I know.

If you only know the basis, you're not getting much because so many people study it now, even if it's not their field.
>>
>>1236068
>Server/Database Admins still make decent money as far as I know.
lol nope admins are the bottom feeders in it
>>
Renegotiate
>>
>>1235836
if oyu want big bucks with zero knowledge and skills in it then business analyst is the job for you.
they make a very nice money and they are usually utterly incompetent and useless.
it doesn't fly at every firm but i know a couple of big ones. all you need is an impressive resume really.
and the devs will work around your bullshit and it will all work out in the end so it doesn't matter if you are an imbecile or a pajeet who doesn't even know english and can't even use excel.
>>
>>1236180
Date center pleb,
Hitting on the office girls,
Sleeping with the office girls,
Getting paid vacation,
Medical,
Dental,
PPO Plan, I can go anywhere.
$44 per hour if center is suspected to be under network attack, everyone even the receptionist gets bumped temporarily by $20 hourly with the no leave policy.
We're like a combat checkpoint, travel isn't far many that get the job end up relocating to employer assisted housing.

Database / server administrators don't get chit unless they make it for 2 years then they might get to handle more than 4 databases or their own server rack loaded with high end xeon processors.
>>
>>1236068
>Depends on what you're doing.
I found that you can get paid a lot more if you can fill several roles.
Employers aren't too stupid, they often reason like this: "I can hire three people, one to manage the intranet and database on our OVH server, one to do maintenance on the network, NAS and printers in the office, and one to do some basic infographics and webdesign for our frontend stuff. Or I can hire one guy who can do adequately fulfill all those tasks and pay him 50% of their combined salary."
Then one year later you threaten to quit unless you get a 30% raise because you're indispensable and you're now the highest-paid professional in the company.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.