[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting From Scratch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (168 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
168 KB, 1920x1080
I was wondering how a person with almost no capital and mostly basic and commonplace skills would get to a good place in life.

Now, before you make assumptions I have my own company that's doing fairly well considering how little effort it takes on my part and it's allowed me to live a comfortable life. I did quit college and so I don't really have many employable skills but I when I started I did have plenty of money saved up to invest.

I've pretty much been wasting my time for the past couple of years, just playing video games and watching movies/tv series but I'm getting bored of it and starting to get motivated again. Currently the 'Game of Life' seems pretty boring to me so I'd like to start up a new business without relying on anything currently in my possession, call it a handicap. I'd also like to mention that I'm actually intending on going through with this idea.

There are plenty of easy cop-outs so for the sake of argument let's set up some ground rules.
-No borrowing money/taking credit
-No investing in stock
-No gambling, games of chance
-No illegal business
-Can only hold onto a job for 6 months(we're trying to be self employed, even a month of working for someone else irks me)

Honestly, my mind immediately tries to solve the issue by relying on my past experience and knowledge, so /biz/ let's see how your mind guides you through this, theorycraft, any and all ideas even those completely absurd are welcome.
>>
Born again with a family with money
>>
>>1235271

hard work seems not to be an issue for you.
>Learn plumbing or locksmith skills. (dumb kids do it in a year)
>move (or not) to big city
>work nights

I've live in 3 big euro cities, never saw a broke one.
>>
>>1235271
Where didi you get your starting capital to start in your businnes?
>>
>>1235281
You have to have credentials to be a plumber or a locksmit there
>>
>>1235294

2 days tests mate. see step 1
>>
Start mowing people's lawns and research alternative ways to make money in your free time.

When you find a business you like, figure out how much you need to start up operations and go from there.

Otherwise hire some Mexicans and find more work.
>>
>>1235295
Only one year to become a plumber or locksmith in europe?
I wich country? Do you have a webpage or something with that information?
>>
>>1235291
I worked as a computer repair tech in a large bank, great gig if you can land it. I was paid just to sit there playing games, having to get up once in a blue moon to reset someone's desktop.
>>
Work in sales and marketing, save money, start your own business, expand once things are going smoothly, delegate most of the work to others, put profits in index fund and reinvest the dividends, and once you have enough just take it easy and live off passive income for the rest of your life.

This is a really basic summary of my longterm plan anyway.
>>
>>1235336
How did you find that job?
>>
>>1235301

Actually you only need 2 days. Eurofags diplomas are free so you can just participate in them as a "free candidate".

for france see : " CAP Serrurier métallier"

for portugal see : " formação de encanador".

better yet? a diploma from any EU country let you practice all over europe freely.

not a lot of sources atm, this is just common knowledge, you can still auto-translate this to get a good general idea of diploma requirements as a free candidate

>http://www.defibac.fr/le-bac-en-candidat-libre
>>
The buzz index trading spy gdx
>>
>>1235350
Why not a lot of eurofags are doing this kind of jobs if there are a lot of young unemployement amongh the youths?
>>
>>1235271
online work
you can do english tutoring online
affiliate marketing is your investment
Save up money and get some stocks
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.