[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any experience in the container shipping industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: shipping.jpg (215 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
shipping.jpg
215 KB, 500x333
I'm just curious how one would go about getting started in opening a container shipping business.
Where are key low cost of entry shipping areas? Was thinking carribean or southeast asia but southeast asia gets robbed all the time.
What kind of boat should I use? Maximum volume or more efficiency? How's the fuel market right now?
What should I agree to ship? Are there limits on this sort of stuff?
How much money are we talking about in terms of entry cost?

Cheers.
>>
>>1235048

> how much money to start?

Oh, just millions of dollars

OP, if you are interested in this shit either join the Navy or become a merchant marine. From there you can work yourself into the world you are seeking.
>>
>>1235094
I think its cheap right now comparatively but that's cause China is slowing down and probably going to implode in a good ole fashioned communist internal slap down soon. There are a record vacant freighters and containers right now, better off getting into the container home biz. Real houses in my country are in bubble mode.
>>
>>1235099

China owns the banks who make the loans and the compagnies who buy them. They'll control the bubble like the always do.

To OP, that shit is the equivalent to the space industry, no one just "starts" a business in that field.
>>
Arbitrage
>>
Repackage a good
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.