[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me again how a paid off house and 80k a year in savings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: .jpg (105 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
105 KB, 800x533
tell me again how a paid off house and 80k a year in savings plus 30k a year in passive income isn't retirement? because everyone i talk to says this isn't enough for retirement.
>>
>>1233361
it is enough if you are single or married to a frugal wife, if you have kids or plan on having kids then you will need more.
>>
>>1233361
Retire.
Im retiring at 100k.
>>
What does 80k a year in savings mean?

You have 80k in your savings?
You make 80k off your savings?
>>
>>1233387
2 million. 25 years. I'm 54
>>
>>1233361
Your property taxes will rise and you'll get rekt by inflation, this is why you should follow the 4% rule.

Personally, my goal is 5M before I retire. Family business is making ~$200K a year right now.

Hope to take over as my dad retires and expand it. He's very hesitant to expand operations.
>>
Because is 20 years, 80k a year will be the poverty line.

I'm also confused about >>1233387. You plan to withdraw 80k a year and still turn 30k passively? How?
>>
>>1233424
i have a 2 condos that i rent out. I basically do nothing i haven;t even spoken to one of the tenants at all this year.
>>
File: SuzeOrman.grid-6x2.jpg (17 KB, 474x356) Image search: [Google]
SuzeOrman.grid-6x2.jpg
17 KB, 474x356
>>1233389
>>1233361
it's based on your current standard of living

your adviser doesnt believe you that you can really cut your costs down to live on only 80k a year

if you're making 150 or 200 now what will you do? tell the wife and kids no vacations now? no new car every 3 years

women are whores they won't stand for it. you have to kill her trust me
>>
>>1233431
well you are just about the dumbest human i've ever spoken to. i'm unwatching this thread bye now
>>
>>1233438
ok I understand.
>wink
good luck anon. don't forget csi dna shit
>>
>>1233361
all depends on your expenses

but if this is all you needed, what would you do with all that extra time?
>>
>>1233430
So if you continue to work, you could take that passive income and use it to expand, buy up more property, diversify into commercial, etc.

As it is now you'd be permanent middle class, potentially destitute with no income if/when the housing market takes a shit and people can't afford to pay you 30k annual in rents.
>>
>>1233431
What the ever-loving fuck? My cost of living is like 20k so anything above that goes straight to retirement. This is why it's a good thing for college graduates to learn how to be poor and develop frugal habits for a few years before they start making real money.
>>
>54
>juvenile post on 4chan

Sure buddy, sage and hide
>>
>>1233523
>My cost of living is like 20k so anything above that goes straight to retirement
are you 54?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.