[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I negotiate salary at a part time, minimum wage job?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 640x625
How do I negotiate salary at a part time, minimum wage job?

Is it even possible? I'm probably going to get offered 8.25 an hour. Is it a pipe dream to aim for $9.05 an hour? This is my 3rd job ever btw.

If it helps, I feel like I'm highly qualified for the job and have another interview lined up with the competitor adjacent to these guys.
>>
>>1233141
Wouldn't work in that environment.
Maybe if your boss was a total bro or something.

Negotiating salaries is more for full time office jobs for example, and trying to negotiate your salary as a part time burger flipper might make you seem a bit narcissistic and unlikable.
>>
>>1233143
It's a job at advance auto parts

I have an interview next door at autozone as well. Can this be used to my advantage?
>>
>>1233144
Sorry. Judging by what you wrote I assumed you worked at Mcdonalds and had an interview at Burger king or something.

That environment is a bit better, but again, your chances aren't high. Maybe just casually bring it up with your boss if you have a decent relationship with him and see how it goes.
>>
File: patrick-bateman-cheers.jpg (216 KB, 590x322) Image search: [Google]
patrick-bateman-cheers.jpg
216 KB, 590x322
>>1233141
>tfw finally find a part time job with living wage in my state
>401k 100% match up to 3%
>christmas bonus
>employee of the month bonus, and recognition bonuses
>performance review every 6 months for potential raise
feelsgrateman.jpg

you pretty much just have to find a job that pays what you want. some big companies do give 0.50 or even $1 raises right from the interview if you say you made more at your previous job or just ask for more
>>
>>1233147
Well, it says here base pay is $9.22/hour

Should I negotiate for that? I understand that's an average so should I use ask for $9.05? How do I ask? What do I say and how do I support it.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Hourly-Pay/Advance-Auto-Parts-Sales-Associate-Hourly-Pay-E8708_D_KO19,34.htm
>>
>>1233176
go high and they go low then you meet in the middle
>>
>>1233178
How though? What should I aim for and what do I say exactly. I've never negotiated a salary before.
>>
>>1233180
at the end of the interview or during they will mention salary and ask if its okay. you say no and you were looking to make $12 which is the highest salary people with that job make. theyll lowball you then you meet in the middle. If they dont mention salary during the interview theyll ask if you have any questions at the end and you say i just wanted to talk about my salary
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.