[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has the internet killed the paperback market yet? Would starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: magazine_5.jpg (357 KB, 2464x1272) Image search: [Google]
magazine_5.jpg
357 KB, 2464x1272
Has the internet killed the paperback market yet? Would starting a small local publicatioin be worth the effort.?
>>
I'd say so.

I still buy physical books though, and I'm sure a lot of others do but it's certainly not very lucrative.
>>
>>1232845
I had the idea of starting a small magazine showcasing local artists in my city. While advertising for small businesses around town.
>>
>>1232849
I wouldn't desu.

Not lucrative at all, you'll make pennies
>>
Is it a pain to get into airports? There's probably a million security checks but if you don't care and patient that's way place to go and hotels. Nobody wants to pay $20 for WiFi but they might buy a shitty paperback for $7. There's gotta be money there
>>
>>1232849
People have been loving community focused projects a lot recently, and being able to plant themselves into whatever to up their ego, if you can go deep into the art culture there you'll get a better idea of the general nuiances of the area, would probably cop personally but i love jerking off the local economy
>>
OP here maybe a website would work better?
>>
>>1232853
>Is it a pain to get into airports?

Yeah no fuck.

It's like a god damn cartel. Getting a business into an airport that is
>>
>>1232857
>OP here maybe a website would work better?

Honestly man I'd tell you to go after something else. Unless you're dead-set on this shit then do it just as a "for-fun" local project rather than trying to earn money.

This is a bad idea and will nlot make you anything at all
>>
>>1232860
Yeah it was just a thought nothing I am overly passionate about
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.