[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Accounting ever be truly automated? Can you automate CPAs,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Will Accounting ever be truly automated? Can you automate CPAs, or will we always need someone to review the AI?
>>
Ever is a bit open ended anon

Like every job ever has the possibility of being automated on a long enough timeline

But within the next 100 years? No.
>>
A big part of accounting is fixing shit that others have fucked up. That requires a human touch. If you could automate the customers, the suppliers, management and all the other departments then yeah, accounting is pretty much dead.
>>
>>1231747
Naah mate you couldn't automate audit
Cause they've tried and it just makes people trickier

Sure automation can stop mistakes but it can't stop people being dishonest
>>
What exactly do accountants do?
>>
>>1231758
CPA here.

I prepare individual tax returns, partnership and corporate tax returns

I also audit businesses

the tax returns could be automated, but not without some revisions to the tax code. A lot of your individual tax information is already reported to the IRS. with some revisions (removal of most itemized deductions, require sole proprietorships and farms to file partnership returns and thus report income to partners on a K-1's for example) the individual tax return information could be assembled by computer on a central level by the iRS and individuals would then receive a tax bill or refund.

the reporting of businesses is a lot more hands on, and the centralization of this is much more unlikely.

I can see accountants no longer being involved in individual tax returns, as discussed above, but not businesses for a long time.
>>
>>1231732

I think you'd be more likely to offshore it.
>>
Fully automated isn't the risk. It's being automated enough to where one accountant replaces 40.
>>
>>1233259

This. Im a CPA working in process automation. All the low level work will be gone or already is. The higher level accountants will be free from the bitch work that wastes their time.

It will never be fully automated because accounting in the real world is a complete mess and too unpredictable and judgement oriented to be handled solely with code.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.