[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on property investment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Lighthouse.jpg (548 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Lighthouse.jpg
548 KB, 1024x768
What are your thoughts on property investment
>>
I very much believe in it, but only if it's done correctly. The upside is great, but the downside is that it takes more effort to learn about it and people tend to get more emotional about real estate than other investments and it reduces their effectiveness.

That being said, I'm in the US, so ymmv when investing in other countries. And some (like China, Canada, and AUS) are outright blacklisted in my mind since they're in heavy bubble territory.
>>
>>1231624

It's a meme
>>
>>1231624
Depreciating asset for most with huge expenses
>>
Move to Africa and invest in human property.
>>
>>1231931

>depreciating asset
>property investment
>>
>>1231937
It's true.

Massive timesucks
Huge money pits
Unexpected large expenses
Lots of folks just breaking even when factoring in all day time laboring.

Folks that aren't good with a hammer and repairs often lose money or break even.

Investment properties are indeed a meme for most.
>>
>>1231937

>He thinks property values can never decline
>>
The way to do it is move to small, once rural developing towns and buy land several miles out and build houses on it. When the expansion gets to that part, your property value will skyrocket.
>>
>>1231960
>The way to do it is move to small, once rural developing towns and buy land several miles out and build houses on it. If the expansion gets to that part, your property value will skyrocket.

FTFY
>>
>>1231960
Hello speculation.

Cya again anywhere between 5-30 years from today.

Which reminds me, "invest" in oil too
>>
>>1231958
>>1231954

what about plain property lots without any buildings on them?
my friend's dad bought some land in the 60s and now some guy wants to build an apartment building and give him 2 apartments and a couple garages there
>>
>>1231980
Still speculation. Research opportunity cost.
>>
everyone in this thread is retarded.

Buy >100k houses.
Put 20% down
Pay 10 - 15k in repairs.
Aim to make 500 a month. 6k a year.
Buy multiple properties 1 or 2 isn't going to do shit. Buy like 20.
If you want it to be completely passive get a property manager. pay him 10%.
Snowball the mortgages. Work on paying off as many mortgages as possible. a paid off mortgage frees up 400 - 600 a month and it increases your net worth.

You need to shop around to find 100k properties that are nice. I reccomend looking around universities because students use the government/ parents to pay rent and there will be virtually no chasing for rent. I use a property manager for my 35 properties. I aim for 120 houses in the next 10 years. When you pay off a mortgage that 6k a year turns into 8 - 9k a year plus you can raise rent to hearts content. It is a very nice investment IMO
>>
>>1231624
I think the property market at the moment is grossly over valued - at least thats what the analysts are saying.

Wait until the prices drop during a recession.

Half of Vancouver residents are millionaires because they bought cheap 20 years ago and now, as you probs know, the houses are extortionate.

But in theory with an increasing population, housing should appreciate in value. Though to really understand topics like this you really need a PhD in Economics or similar
>>
>>1231960
Yeah, in 50 years when you will be probably dead or too old to enjoy your profits, also this >>1231969
>>
>>1232001
How did you start and what are your profits like if you dont mine me asking
>>
>>1232001
where the fuck do you live that you can get a nice property near a university for 100k?
>>
>>1233260
>nice property
m8 . use ur head
>>
>>1231960
This has to be like the worst way to do it.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.