[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well biz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 05-2.jpg (21 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
05-2.jpg
21 KB, 240x320
Is Keynesian Economics the worst meme to date?

>debt
>spending will fix this!
>>
I've been told that Keynesian economics only advocates low taxes and aggressive spending in a recession, and high taxes with conservative spending during economic surges.

Of course the government is stuck in low taxes and aggressive spending full time. What worries me is I never see Keynesians bitch about this, only right wing schools.
>>
>>1231491
It's a medium-long term ponzi scheme, use the new generation of taxpayers to pay for benefit of the old ones.

The great part about it is that it enables stability because the government can control their people economically by providing safety nets.

This leads to huge profits as they're exploit third world labor due to low levels of conflict and eventually control everything.

The financial system is so interlinked now, that billions become victim in the never ending effort to pay off previous debts.
>>
>>1231508
>low taxes
>>
>>1231508
They don't usually lower taxes here
>>
Austrian is definitely a meme
>removing the min wage will obviously help workers
>removing labor regulations will too
>>
>>1232210
>Thinking jobs are a type of social welfare
Back to your UBI thread berniefag.
>>
>>1232220
Jobs are a form of social welfare my man
>>
>spending will fix this

I'm the short term, this is true. Ya, it doesn't do shit in the long term, but sometimes all you need is a few years of stabilization so actual gdp increases like tech and capital and labor can catch up.

Stop reading Austrian propaganda.
>>
>>1232359
Ludditism is over two centuries old now. You're late to the party.
>>
>>1232447
>short term

What about the long term? What about the shit you're using to enlarge the bubble even further?

>Austrian Propaganda

>>>>>My propaganda tells me I'm the one that's right
>>
>>1232447
"Doesn't do shit" should be "Wrecks everyone's shit"
>>
>>1232767
What bubble?

>>1232773
Why?
>>
>>1232767
In the long term, things stabilize. Solving a depression can take a decade if you let it be or 2 years if you take the correct action now.

Yes, the highs aren't as high and the lows aren't as low. But doomsaying about inevitable collapse because we pushed demand out artificially for a few quarters , as though we need to be punished for our sins, is a very puritanical viewpoint and not actually verifiable.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.