[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/biz/ how do I stop being a lazy faggot? I recognize and accept
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: 1459998118723.jpg (81 KB, 600x904) Image search: [Google]
1459998118723.jpg
81 KB, 600x904
/biz/ how do I stop being a lazy faggot?

I recognize and accept that I have a procrastination problem. My mom enabled me by letting me be a NEET after I finished high school. Sure its comfy to not do anything but I'm sick of it. I want to grow up and discipline myself to actually accomplish something. Currently working a shitty wagecuck job but I think if I apply myself and put forth more effort I could do better for myself. Maybe I could get around to writing that novel series of mine and make a few bucks from it.

Surely I'm not the only one on this board that's been through this. Tell me what helped you to break out of your lazy ways. Maybe you were raised that way, maybe you had an epiphany. I just gotta break through.
>>
>>1231260
Testosterone.
>>
>>1231260
How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for three years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protagonist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Little story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that three years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.
>>
Holy shiet,

I'm in this exact position. I only get 16-26 hours of work a month as I live in a small town and every penny I earn goes to my parents as rent. I also don't have a license or access to a car so I couldn't even get a job in the city. I've been thinking of joining the military. If you're canadian wanna join with me?
>>
File: me no understand.jpg (19 KB, 369x295) Image search: [Google]
me no understand.jpg
19 KB, 369x295
>>1231265
w2c for cheap?

>>1231266
the book is just a hobby. I don't expect it to get me anywhere at all...

>>1231274
Amerifat here, sorry, leaf
>>
File: strong_aryan_hijak.jpg (523 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
strong_aryan_hijak.jpg
523 KB, 2560x1600
>>1231266
>How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice little story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for three years? Huh? Gotta, gotta compelling protagonist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Little story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that three years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.

Fuck you Sam Hyde release some more videos you lazy fat fucker with gyno
>>
File: at first i was like, but then.jpg (60 KB, 596x1046) Image search: [Google]
at first i was like, but then.jpg
60 KB, 596x1046
>>1231279
>tfw I am a lazy fucker with gyno
>>
>>1231260
Take speed and get off it one work week a day, slowly move to 2 then 3 then 4 then 5.

Eat well, exercise, and don't fap either. Set alarm at otherside of room too.
>>
File: 1443671642126.jpg (20 KB, 344x259) Image search: [Google]
1443671642126.jpg
20 KB, 344x259
>>1231288
goddangit why does everyone on /lit/ and /biz/ tell me to do drugs instead of solve my actual problems
>>
>>1231274
Im in your position. dont know how it is in canada but i figure its a better position than i have now. only thing im wondering is how im going to make the most of it
>>
Join the military. In 3 years you'll have the self discipline to get shit done and if you select a skill that you can use in the private sector you'll be employable. Just don't let some recruiter talk you into being an infantryman.
>>
>>1231260
listen OP, i know this isn't the answer you wanna hear but it's the truth. The only way you can change is by just doing it. I wish there was another way, I wish there was a secret quote from some philosopher from back in the day that would trigger something in your brain to change you, I wish there was some book by some self-help "guru" that holds the secret, I wish there was a super-simple, step-by-step guide on how to become productive, but there isn't.
>>
>>1231852
This.
>>1231487
This is shit advice, there are lots of homeless vets.

Find little tools to help yourself be productive. Set an alarm that you have to get up to get to. Install a tool to block websites like this.
>>
File: 1462119564892.jpg (411 KB, 1860x874) Image search: [Google]
1462119564892.jpg
411 KB, 1860x874
>>1231260
>>
File: man up.png (24 KB, 1138x178) Image search: [Google]
man up.png
24 KB, 1138x178
>>1231883
Wow. Every now and again there's an anon that cuts to the core with their words and it really sticks with you. Phenomenal. I'm gonna print this out like it's 2002.

thank you all for your replies. I'm gonna finish my resume and fill out a ton of applications RIGHT NOW.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.