[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How expendable is the average employee? "Just Over Broke"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Sized-Floor-Team-members.jpg (102 KB, 1135x548) Image search: [Google]
Sized-Floor-Team-members.jpg
102 KB, 1135x548
How expendable is the average employee? "Just Over Broke" wageslaves with no college degree deserve to be trimmed from the bottom line, right? Why aren't you offshoring or automating positions at every single opportunity?
>>
>Why aren't you offshoring or automating positions at every single opportunity?

Because then there would be no one to buy our crap.
>>
>>1231186
Considering most people are overeducated for the average job nowadays, I'd say very.

Personally it depends on industry though.

Not a good time to be a wageslave nowadays.

Personally, I'm working the family business and day trading on the side.

I'd probably kill myself if I was salaried and had to work overtime for an employer at some shitty office job.

If you have a choice, don't go the wageslave route.

Also, in terms of Pajeet opportunities, I was strongly considering employing some to fulfill functions at the family business, but decided against it as the information to be dealt with was too valuable to fuck up.

Personally, startups done right have it really good right now. You can gather some autistic kids at your local university and hire Pajeets to do the busy work.

I know that a lot of the Indian kids that went to my uni were hiring Pajeets for their startups. Some of them would walk out multiple times in a lecture to take calls. They were running shit hard.
>>
>>1231186
You're trying so damn hard to be edgy/evil you come off as an 80s cartoon villain.

>>1231198
>If you have a choice, don't go the wageslave route.
No fucking shit? Can you tell me the sky is blue next? Seriously, nobody ever woke up and said "I want to be a retail/fast food clerk when I grow up". It just happens, usually due to a combination of poor circumstances and lack of ambition.
>>
>>1231205
Well, a lot of my friends did have a choice and decided to work for F500 companies, even though their parents tried to convince them to work for them.

They memed it up in the city for a while, but they're all wageslaves by now.

Personally, I go down to the city during the weekends to chill with them anyways, and live w/ my parents.

Made $89K last year and am fairly confident that I'll break six figures by September this year. They were making more than me out of college, that's for sure and had benefits.

Guess I've always been more long term oriented/business oriented. Helps that I also had a shitty GPA, 3.3.

You'd be surprised at how many people who just want to move on from their parents and "do thing on their own" turn into wageslaves. Some of these kids had high GPAs and good internships too, i.e. enough credentials and capital to start their own businesses.
>>
>>1231186
I guess it's social responsibility

I mean Mcdonalds couldve automated most of their employees but a lot of pressure not to

Wasn't until the big wage increases and berncucks and sjws that a lot of the lower jobs become automated
>>
>>1231235
What sort of business is your family in?
I'm pretty certain I'm going to go back and take over my family's business even though it doesn't have much to do with my degree. I still very much enjoy it though.

>family is in agriculture
>>
>>1231437
Interior design, studied Comp Sci & Math. Had some offers out of school but nothing super attractive.
>>
>>1231439
Nice, I'm also CS.
>>
>>1231194
that's a macro problem. Not my problem
>>
>deserve to be trimmed from the bottom line, right?
what people deserve has never mattered for anything, ever.
>>
>>1231205
Wageslave is a more general term, meaning anyone is pretty much subsistent on a wage from someone else
>>
>>1232024
lel
trufacts
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.