[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently got a $6k raise after increasing net income by over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: DollarsWithJumpingArrow.jpg (147 KB, 800x442) Image search: [Google]
DollarsWithJumpingArrow.jpg
147 KB, 800x442
I recently got a $6k raise after increasing net income by over $180,000. Also, I don't get bonused out.

Am I wrong to feel unsatisfied by this?
>>
>>1231119
I think so. I mean, they're not going to give you the full amount that you increased. If you're that unsatisfied, just get another job. Quite frankly, employers are cheapasses, so even if you do well, they might not give you anything (since it's considered your "job" in the first place). At least you got something.
>>
>>1231119
If you can prove that you raised it by 180k the rule is you should get 10%. Any company that can make more money from you should invest in keeping you. Fully document what you have done and save it for the next job out there. Or stay there and do another improvement for the company and then move to another company after they give you a raise. So if said job is paying you 50. They give you 56k for the current 180k increase.. then next year you you do another 180k for another 6k. Wait till you get that first paycheck and document both 180k's and then go find another job that pays 74k and have documentation that shows you can continue growing in whatever company. The 74k would come from the base 50 + 12 (6k raise from the last company) and another 12 (6 from year 2 180k revenue increase) but the following company will be happy to pay you 74k if they take a potential 360k generating employee and then put that on their team.
>>
>>1231119
>$6k raise
That's actually too generous.
>>
>>1231119
General wagecucks usually get 5-10%. People working on commision usually get 15-20%.

Such is life as a wagecuck. Ask to renegotiate your salary, and apply to other companies having a job lined up just incase.
>>
>>1231119

Depends on your job and how hard you are working.

If you are Lebron James, then $180,000 a year is an insult.

But if you are just saying that this amount of money annually is not enough for you to be happy, then maybe it's time to examine your priorities.
>>
File: 1380816729223.jpg (14 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1380816729223.jpg
14 KB, 500x500
>>1231119
>give us more details, OP
what is your job?
current salary before raise?
what did you do to increase revenue by 180k?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.