[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Learning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: wall-street-board1.jpg (89 KB, 432x289) Image search: [Google]
wall-street-board1.jpg
89 KB, 432x289
Just wanted some tips and useful learning resources for learning the basics of day trading and swing trading. I am a 19 yo. college student, and I also work full time at a bank. I have petty cash that I would like to experiment with (hopefully making it into a little more cash) through trading/investing.
>>
???
>>
bump, I mean shit..
>>
bumb
>>
>>1231113
from what I know, its a lot easier to make money with a bigger capital pool because of trading fees.
>>
I think you'd have better luck trading options. Risk is contained, and gains are much bigger.
>>
>>1231113

>>1231232
Doesn't matter he should be experienced with low capital so he's more likely to successful when he saves more money or can trade other people's money (working for a firm).

Here's some links.

Martin Shkreli's finance lectures - This is the best way to understand how stocks are priced, getting to the point very quickly. Watch the first few and follow along. It's hard to work with technicals if you don't know how the fundamentals may overpower the stocks' price.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARrNYyJEnFI

Shiller's Financial Markets Course -
Good introduction to capital markets, and will help you pay attention to broader events/action in the markets. There's not a lot of work/math involved, it's lectures you can watch and move on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQui_3Hpmmc&list=PL8FB14A2200B87185&index=1

An Introduction Into Technical Analysis - It's important to understand this kind of stuff as it's largely what you are looking at when you day trade and swing trade. Course based format, just watch the videos again.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL99294BEF8BCC1F0B

Other things to look at:

Useful books on finance (use these if you want a higher theoretical/university level understanding of finance than most people in the field)
Corporate Finance Ross, Westerfield (pick one)
Corporate Finance Berk and DeMarzo (pick one)
Investments by Bodie
Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives by John C. Hull
Financial Markets and Institutions by Mishkin

Useful books on trading - Here's a beginners guide to new traders. Their book list is pretty good, and the thread probably worth reading through.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/first-steps/89078-essentials-new-trading.html

Good luck, faggot.
>>
Nice OP, im in a similar circumstance as you, except I lost my job due to budget cuts and havent had the urge to get another one.
Dont need to, as im making what I need off of stocks and options.
Best stock to buy imo are utilities. Very stable, good dividends, and rarely do you lose anything.
The main stocks I trade are:
Exelon (EXC)
Ameren Corporation (AEE)
Bank of America (BAC)

Other stocks with some promise are BGG and AEP. Really wish I would have bought some of those in the past few months, theyre making huge gains. Haggled with them before but BGG went up from like $15 in january to like $24 today. Would have been an excellent investment.

Anyhow, if you dont already have an account, open one up. I use Charles Schwab. Good company. They usually require a minimum deposit, for me it was 2000 dollars. I put in like 7k though, more is better, so put in as much as you can.

Also, start researching companies and trading on your own through news, videos, forums, etc. But be sure to take forums with a grain of salt. Hell, take me with a grain of salt. I dont believe a single damn word of advice from this godforsaken website until I can look into it further with reputable sources and see a positive outcome for myself.

Anyhow, I dont want to do a full out essay, so goodluck, happy trading.
>>
itunes U
Investment Philosophies
and a good Corporate Finance Course.

TastyTrade.com
free archives
all live trading
swing
options
intraday
charting
scalping
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.