[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still live with my parents and I have one question about money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 17123251389_9f5db13fec_o.jpg (256 KB, 872x561) Image search: [Google]
17123251389_9f5db13fec_o.jpg
256 KB, 872x561
Let's say you have a minimum wage job and your parents aren't rich

Is it a good idea to save $300~400 dollars every month just to buy the things you want and eventually move out ?
>>
>>1230281
saving money is always a good idea.
>>
>>1230281
No jamal, buying air jordans isn't a good idea.
>>
>>1230281
>$300~400 dollars every month just to buy the things you want and eventually move out
Wat? Do you want to buy things you want or do you want to move out? You really don't need to buy many things for a move from your parents to a studio apartment. Also assuming you have no bills due to living at home, bump the savings up to $500 a month and in one year, have $6,000 in cash saved up. Thats a great starting point to move out on assuming you continue working.
>>
>>1230748
>bump the savings up to $500 a month and in one year, have $6,000

You make a good point when it comes to saving $500 every month instead of $400.

It's just that I really want to buy an electric guitar and high-end desktop for video games.

Maybe it will be smarter to buy this stuff after I've moved out.
>>
>>1230281
are you fully funding your ROTH IRA? are you running a budget so that you can prove on paper that you CAN move out? if you're not paying rent, buying food, paying for insurance and utilities right now, then you're doing something very, very wrong only saving 3-400 dollars a month.

time to get your shit together.
>>
>>1230875
Let me tell you why there are people that struggle financially.

They waste money.

Do not spend money on unnecessarily until you actually move out. That way you can pay for any expenses that you may not have thought of before the guitar/computer.
>>
File: 1460839803352.jpg (86 KB, 640x630) Image search: [Google]
1460839803352.jpg
86 KB, 640x630
>>1230875
>he wants to waste his money on a gaymen PC
>>
>>1230875
Well...No. Buy it now while you have no financial burden and put off moving out if you absolutely need a guitar and gayman pc. Protip:you don't need either. Also, savings go up dramatically by adding more to them. Like i said, $500 a month is 6k a year, $600 a month $7200 a year, $700 a month $8400 a year and so on and so on. Imagine if you had started 3 years ago at $500 a month, you would have $18000 right now. With that, you could buy a guitar and PC and still have enough to move out. Moral is, don't spend money you cant afford to spend and right now, if you want to move out soon, you cant afford to spend it because you haven't saved enough yet.
>>
>people in this thread pretending they never spent any money in their life on unneeded QoL improvements
>>
>>1230875
>It's just that I really want to buy an electric guitar and high-end desktop for video games.

>Wasting your money to play videogaymes

Jesus christ grow up the fuck up, how old are you? 14?
>>
>>1232582
more like
>people in this thread warning young anon about wasteful spending because they've been there/done that.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.