[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need you guys to poke holes in something I've been thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
I need you guys to poke holes in something I've been thinking about

I've never seen this before, but by no means am I assuming it is an original idea of my own.

So, you offer some sort of merchandise. Doesn't matter what it is. Probably something relatively inexpensive, but highly desirable.

Instead of selling this merchandise, you sell raffle tickets of sorts. Raffle tickets for far less than the value of the item. You sell the tickets for an amount of money that a person would not mind losing if they receive nothing in return.

As long as you sell enough tickets to recoup the CoG and then some, you've made profit.
>>
>>1229517
Great idea Op you could run your own discount airline. Now hope that n # people don't show up for their flight bc you overbooked. you motherfucker.
>>
>>1229517
Not legal in the United States.

This would fall under internet gambling.
>>
>>1229531
you misunderstand.

>offer widget worth $15 retail
>sell raffle tickets for $.50
>Sell at least 31 tickets
>Profit
>>
>>1229517
But I'd do it solely with rare/uncommon Amiibos.

Not that expensive and a niche that perceives them to be highly valuable. Gamers/game collectors are easy to convert into customers.

The chances of you being fucked by the gov are slim with this type of business, but I think it still constitutes as gambling.
>>
Churches and private schools do this raffle shit all the time to raise money.
>>
fuck that, just do it and find the holes as they appear and patch them as you see them. by looking at all the holes before you even get to the job youll psych yourself out and never do it. always act first, and problem solve as you go.
>>
>>1229533
Did I stutter?
$0.50 plane tickets everyone would buy them who gives a shit if it's fake probably is.
Show up at airport. Sorry flight's oversold (again). Not gambling it's an airline buy tickets in bulk resell them this way. Lots of pissed off customers buyer beware
>>
>>1229517
Legal problem.

Yourr akirting gambling law but doing it in a way that only non profits and charity hospitals usually can

If you did this under the table it could net you some decent side money - like a neighborhood illegal poker game where youre the house except no poker game

Other than it being illegal though - all the raffle ticket buyers might want to just rob you
>>
>>1229517
it already exists

quibids and others like it
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.