[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
interview thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Interview/Resume thread

recently got rejected after an interview because they felt I didn't have enough passion for the role. How to fake passion for normies?
>>
>>1229490
>didn't have enough passion for the role
That sounds like a casting for actors.
>How to fake passion for normies?
You can't fake it, passion has to be genuine.
For example, somebody who wants to be a photographer doesn't just take pictures between the hours of 9 and 5. They get out of bed and reach for their camera in the morning. They live, breath and eat photography from the moment they wake up until they go to sleep and dream about some photography shit. Same for coders, they're attached to their computers with an umbilical cord and they live for technology. You can't fake that shit.
>>
File: kuunteluapu.jpg (42 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
kuunteluapu.jpg
42 KB, 657x527
>>1229558
>tfw never had passion before
What does it feel like anon
>>
>>1229567
Seriously this, I am a pretty flat person externally and wont show a lot of emotion by default so even though i have a lot of interest in something it wont show - it's frustrating for people to think I don't have passion for something simply because I'm not showing it externally.

Introvert uprising when?
>>
>>1229490
>>1229567
>>1229941
My experience has been passion and money go hand-in-hand.
I work in real estate. I've witnessed people with no passion get lucky and earn a big commission check, and then they subsequently find their passion for real estate. They needed a reality check and the sudden, unexpected windfall of money triggered their passion with the desire make more money.
It's hard to feel passionate about something when you're distracted by debt and struggling with monthly bills. Just don't give up.
>>
>>1230691
Let's hope so - in the mean time, I'll have to practice being fake-passionate for interviews so they don't mistake my attitude for a lack of interest
>>
>>1230781
tell us the job and what industry? Somebody might have suggestions.
>>
>>1230814
the role was an intern position for M&A/corporate finance - I was pretty glad I got the interview so it was disappointing to lose out for that reason even though I otherwise thought I interviewed fairly well.
>>
1. do research and know the company inside and out
2. actually being passionate about the job youve applied for or at least the company helps
3. ask a lot of questions at the end. ask about future prospects of the company, where they plan on advancing and where you fit in the larger picture. asking lots of INTELLIGENT, industry-specific questions is the most important step for showing you give a shit and want to help the company, not only help yourself.
>>
>>1230830
And someone came out and said or hinted that you needed more passion? Most candidates just get brushed off with a "don't call us, we'll call you."
Perhaps your interviewer had just finished talking with a candidate who could rattle off finance stats like an idiot savant. I knew kids like that who were passionate about sports statistics, they could tell you every stat about every player and team in major league baseball. Just like that goddamn Dustin Hoffman in the movie Rain Man. That's probably who got the job, anon.
>>
>>1229558

>applying for a financial analyst position
>"must have a passion for the work"

how the hell do I show that I have a passion for sitting on my ass and filling out Excel spreadsheets all day
>>
>>1230837
Useful advice, thanks. Number 2 isn't really applicable so much - it's not that I'm not passionate about it, just that I don't really display a broad range of excitement over many things - so it comes down to being able to figure a way to /show/ them that I am passionate or at least, genuinely interested.

Will take note to ask more intelligent/thought out questions.

>>1230886
This was the final interview stage so they weren't interviewing many candidates, the recruiter said they would call and provide feedback regardless of if you got the job or not, but unfortunately all they said is that I interviewed well but they felt I didn't show enough passion towards the role. Still, at least it gives me an idea of what i need to work on for future interviews.
>>1230895
P. much how I feel. I am passionate about not ending up homeless and hungry.
>>
>>1229490
In terms of body language, next time, sit on the edge of your seat, leaning forward, smile a lot and maintain eye contact. Works a charm
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.