[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frenchfag here. Currently, I'm working in France (IT),
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Hollande-and-Obama-2.jpg (87 KB, 425x283) Image search: [Google]
Hollande-and-Obama-2.jpg
87 KB, 425x283
Frenchfag here.

Currently, I'm working in France (IT), with a salary of €60,000 and 6 weeks vacation.
I'm about to sign with a US company at San Francisco with a salary of $110,000 and 2 weeks vacation.

All politics aside, 2 weeks of vacation is insanely low for me. Is it customary to negotiate non-paid vacation?

Also, is there something else I need to know?
>>
>>1229295
Ok sure. 110k is the shittiest salary ever. Your cost of living in SanFagciso is about the same as Manhattan NYC.
>lol at uber drivers making more than op
>>
>>1229295
Move to Daley city
>>
2 weeks paid is what fastfood workers get. Tell them you'll compromise and take four weeks but you'll need at least another 15% in pay. San Francisco is most expensive cost of living in USA
>>
>>1229295
poste de dev?
C'est une startup ou une grosse boite? Si c'est pas indiscret combien d'années d'xp t'as?
>>
>>1229295
Your quality of life is going to drop dramatically.
>>
You got hosed, they probably expect you to work 60 hours weeks too.
>>
File: 4.jpg (171 KB, 1920x960) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
171 KB, 1920x960
60k gross in france = ~35k net

120k gross in san francisco = ~90k net

cost of living. rent in france 1k. in san franciscto 1,5-2k.

pff ezz
>>
>>1229295
Bj l'ami ;)

(GG friend)
>>
shitty idea unless you're aiming for a green card or something. that is nothing in sf and you'll work tons of hours.
>>
Inb4 op has to pull tricks on the side to pay rent
Does anyone have the link to that yelp whore who whined on Facebook about cost of living and got told by another whore then fired
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.