[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It is IMPOSSIBLE to make good money in the UK. Most entry level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: welcome to hell.jpg (33 KB, 400x263) Image search: [Google]
welcome to hell.jpg
33 KB, 400x263
It is IMPOSSIBLE to make good money in the UK.

Most entry level jobs here pay 15k or less, even graduate jobs you will be lucky to hit 25k. Even then it is heavily taxed.

All these Americans talking about earning 100k easy, you would be very very lucky and very successful to earn even 30k in the UK.

There is no enterprise, no easy startups, everything is cloaked in red tape, there are no doors open.

Your best bet in the UK is to entirely DEDICATE your life to becoming a doctor and then maybe one day you will earn over 50k, but you will get your first pay packet when you're in your thirties!
>>
say no to barroso
>>
>>1229267
It's seems impossible because you think it's impossible. Problems are unanswered questions, you just haven't figured out the answer.
>>
I've been earning 40k+ since 19 in London programming. No degree. Taxes are a bitch though. I pay over 50% on some of my salary if you include NI.
>>
>>1229267
Get skills that businesses are willing to pay for and don't expect an instant high salary without experience and a solid track record.

It's a long, hard slog climbing the career ladder and you have to earn your place in the world through hard work.

The only thing holding you back is you. Nobody owes you a living. Look at all the eastern europeans working their arses off in the UK. Think like them.
>>
File: tsek__em__by_tophwei-d6lwulz.jpg (164 KB, 669x1193) Image search: [Google]
tsek__em__by_tophwei-d6lwulz.jpg
164 KB, 669x1193
>All these Americans talking about earning 100k easy

Firstly, they are most often just lying, or outliers. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, only 6.03 percent of individuals over 18 and earn over 100k annually.

Secondly, Ss and Eu salaries are not directly comparable as some include other payments and some dont. Thirdly, UK actually has pretty good salaries and one of the lowest tax rates in eu. So you have it worse in elsewhere in eu pretty much
>>
I think there are several factors to this.
Firstly we aren't out of the recession yet, in fact most public sector workplaces are only beginning to cut their budgets (5% every year for the next 3 years in my last place of work). Add to that hiring freezes, and an increasing percentage of uni graduates entering the job market every year and It's a pure employers market, leading to low (or no) pay for long hour jobs, zero hour contracts, temporary and 'student' placements etc. Where real jobs should be.
Then you have to consider our increased sense of deserving good jobs. Our teachers drilled into us that working in McDonald's or as manual labourers was shameful and useless, so many of us consider these actually in some cases fair work as a failure state, and are unrealistically wanting manager level salary for inexperienced graduate jobs. we don't really appreciate that the last generation pretty much all had low paid work in their 20s, and the big houses, salaries, and possessions we see them with now weren't what they started out with, but we want to have their comforts now.
The job market does suck, and it will probably get worse, but we just need to suck it up and work through it. Don't let pride cheat you out of paid work, most people start from the bottom and work their way up, in 30 years we'll be the management if we knuckle down now.
>>
>>1229267
no one makes 100k ez in america bruv
>>
File: untitled-21.gif (878 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
untitled-21.gif
878 KB, 240x200
>>1229267
I joined the Capgemini graduate program and will be making £28,000 straight out of uni.

Get rekt.
>>
I got a £26k salary as a system admin straight out of a shit uni with a 2:2. I'm still a "graduate trainee" so my salary will go up to around 28k in August when I'm no longer a grad.

I decided to live with my parents after uni while I saved up and I don't have a car or any other expenses so I'm currently investing about 1k a month into long term dividend stocks. Only started investing this year and I have over 5k invested, with a dividend payment from atleast 1 company per month (well I will do when I start getting past the ex div dates)

then again I've been a lucky son of a bitch all my life
>>
>>1229267
I live in Hartlepool, one of the most deprived areas in the country. My business just hired it's 4th employee last month. I still only pay myself 20k pa because the cost of living is so fucking cheap here.

Stop making excuses.
>>
>>1229267
Then leave the UK?

If you are under 35, you can easily get work visas for Canada, New Zealand and Australia.
>>
Im south african and want to move to the uk. (Doing network engineering) and live with minimal expenses, so i can go back to South Africa with my pounds. Is this a stupid decision??
>>
>>1229267
>>complains about income
>>Is near or in London, probably the second biggest financial hotspot on the globe.

Pls.
>>
>>1229410
>>1229299
100k is only difficult if you don't have the credentials to back it up. Unfortunately, only about 1/4 of Americans made it through college. Fewer still made it through a post-graduate degree (8%). Of the friends I have with Masters or PhD's: 3 of my friends work at Intel, they all had a starting salary of ~$140k, 1 other friend works for a small prop trading firm starting salary was $100k, 1 other works for a startup, his starting salary was $105K + equity, A consultant at Accenture (M/B/B is even higher) with an MBA from a target school starts at 130K+ pretty hefty signing bonus.
>>
>>1229267

My girlfriend earns nearly £40k as a nanny working 8-5. Git gud.
>>
>>1230044
Yeah. The typical 4chan user is mentally equipped, or possibly even physically able to be a nanny and isn't on multiple sexual crime watchlists, yeah thats true.
>>
>>1230044
nanny state init lad

>>1229499
what's the business
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.