[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Savings Account Alternative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1449880089521.jpg (151 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1449880089521.jpg
151 KB, 1024x1024
I have about 8500$ in a Wells Fargo everyday checking account. It was a savings acct. at one point but I withdrew from it frequently instead of loading my checking account with cash; so the bank changed it into a checking acct.
My question is, is it worth taking my $ out of a checking/savings and putting it into some sort of low risk investment account? Something in Vanguard possibly?
Bottom line, what kind of investment account could double as a savings?
thanks /biz/
>>
How much risk are you willing to take? When do you think you may need to use some or all of it? If this is all your savings, you may want to keep some of it liquid in case of emergencies.

I.e. can you handle the risk of your savings going down by 5 to 25% in exchange for potential upside? If so legging into a conservative stock fund might be good.

Or do you just want to keep it safe/whole and you are not as worried about inflation eating away at its value, etc? If so, just keep it where its at or look for higher interest rate savings accounts at other banks.

The only investment that could double as a savings would be a very low risk investment, therefore low return.

Sorry for the generic answer, thats all I got, but would love to hear any other suggestions people have, so bump.
>>
I would take half that money and flip a couple cars. I think the dealer license you need to bid at a lot of auctions is like $500 though. Might need to flip a few a year.
>>
Yeah considering putting 15k in Vanguard right now
>>
>>1229156
I understand, I am indeed likely better off with a higher-yield savings account. i dont mind the chance of losing my savings, but it does not seem to be worth it.
>>1229162
I would love to flip cars. Any tips or tricks to it? What is included in that process?

>>1229169
Good idea
>>
Not >>1229162 but
>>1229362
You can sell 6 cars a year by law without a license. He's right about the auctions though.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.