[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The poverty line makes no sense to me. http://obamacarefact
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0
The poverty line makes no sense to me.

http://obamacarefacts.com/federal-poverty-level/

The poverty line for a single household, which I assume means an individual living on their own, is at $11,880 per year, or $990 per month. Who the hell can rent a place for $990 without any roommates? Having roommates would mean they're not a single person-household, so who is included in this bracket? Homeless people?
>>
>>1228987
section 8 housing and foot stamps plus lying on your taxes to get a bigger return and not reporting everything (drug money)
>>
>>1228987
There are many apartments and condos near me in arizona that rent from 675-1000 a month. You can get a new 2 room apartment here for about 950.

Its easily doable.
>>
>>1228987
I recall the rent at my last apartment was $350/month and included electric, water, and sewer. It looked like a refurbed prison, but I actually enjoyed living there.
>>
>>1228987
Odds are they live in subsidized housing, where they pay a third of their income. With the exceptions of the welfare queens with 12 kids, basically everyone living exclusively on government benefits will fall into that category.
>>
>>1228987
>assume means an individual living on their own
It just means what income a person can live with before resorting to crime no? When too many people are below that level they make more cops and prisons.
>>
>>1228987
Consider also the other end of the age spectrum: Grandma and Grandpa bought a house in some small town, kids have long since moved out, they've downsized or have owned the family home for decades, see no reason to move, and one of 'em dies, leaving the other to dodder around the house alone for another decade or two.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 0

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.