[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me about Japan /biz/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: truetears02.jpg (360 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
truetears02.jpg
360 KB, 1024x768
Why do western economists keep saying (have been saying for the last 20 years) that the Japanese economy will collapse because of their "job guaranteed for life" culture and aging population?
>>
>>1228855
The Weebs will keep it's economy going for ages.
>>
gaijin making pronouncements about incoming collapse in east asia are almost always driven by fear and insecurity.

look at china - "LOL CHINA IS A BUBBLE GONNA COLLAPSE" has been headlines for ~8 - 15 years dependin gon how you think about

yellow peril man.
>>
>>1228855
well imagine you've got boomers, except instead of hiring smarter faster younger, lost gens, gen x ers or millenials, they all kept their jobs instead of being booted up to management.

It takes pretty much a death or incapacitation to keep a man from work.
Oh women aren't expected to work much so only 50% of the labor force is operational.

The biggest waste for an employee is often the time it takes to train them. Companies haven't had to make this kind of capital investment in a long time and it will shock the system.

Combine this with one of the highest propensities to save and a debt to gdp ratio that is obscene.
The system cannot absorb very much systemic shock.
The shock is coming. the question isn't how badly the system will break but how soon they can put it back together again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KB2aPjwW4PY

Automation in full swing, so nobody learns communication skills.

If you look at recurrent themes in anime you'll see a great deal of deterministic outcomes.
My father fished, so I'll fish, and my children will fish, ultimately in my forebears will be the one true fisherman who unites all fishermen.

A lot of no wonder he's great look at his dad.

There are very few make it on the strength of your back and sweat of your brow anime, when they do they are mostly cautionary tales.
Its not a binary caste system like india, but a micro-caste system. where very early you get locked into a destiny.

Its not all bad though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pRMUxI_6qI

http://www.heymanga.xyz/manga/Investor_Z/1/1
pockets of sound ideology remain
>>
>>1228855
But it did collapse and has been consistently worsening for 20 years.

Almost no one predicted 1990.

Which makes me question everyone predicting a Chinese collapse.
>>
>>1228950
>>1228950
I rather prefer Japan's system of lifetime of indentured servitude with comfy benefits and perks rather than having to compete with 1000s of people for low paid freelance work in the west
>>
Because it's young cannot find its social safety nets because they are few in number and locked out of career and financial progression, creating a massive bottleneck coming down the road on the balance sheet debt-wise.
>>
File: 7139518.jpg (263 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
7139518.jpg
263 KB, 1200x800
>>1229355
That is if you can land a job in Japan. Bigger companies hire students right out of university every year. If you are not among them it will become incredibly harder for you to get a job because one year later they will chose their new employees from that years graduates. Graduates from previous years who weren't able to get a job are seen with suspicion by companies like there must be something wrong with them because there weren't chosen in previous years. Thus the "leftovers" can never land those safe lifetime jobs but will be stuck in low tier jobs forever.
Which means that also in Japan you will have to compete with 1000s of people.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.