[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to Negotiate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 140890983433.jpg (483 KB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
140890983433.jpg
483 KB, 1162x850
What's the best way to bargain with a jeweler? There's a specific ring that I need, and only this one jeweler has it. I got some gold jewelry I want to trade for it to offset the cost, and I know for a fact that his prices are negotiabe. Do I:

A) Ask for the ring price, haggle him down, THEN offer to trade my gold for it?
B) Let it be known up front that I have gold to trade and then commence haggling?
>>
Negotiate too low for your first time, then let him propose, then give him 25% less than that.
Dont tell him you have extra gold off the bat, pretend like you are throwing it in for him while youre negotiating
>>
A), because he will know that it is of big importance for yo to buy that ring because you're willing to trade your gold for it.
>>
>>1228695
don't even mention your gold befoer you're finished negotiating.
>>
>>1228700
also ask around by others how much they are willing to trade you for the gold
>>
i fucking hate negotiating. just give me a price and if I think it's fair i'll pay if it's not i'll walk. my retarded father would go to buy a car and spend 4 - 5 hours haggling to save like 4 - 5k what a waste of time
>>
>>1228708
As far as per hour rates goes, 1K per isn't bad.
>>
>>1228708
>he hates negotiating

It's really fund if you're good at it.
>>
>>1228708
Know how I know you'll never make it?
>>
>>1228695

Find a ring at a pawnshop, pay only weight of metal, ..., profit?
>>
>>1228777
Is that how it works at pawn shops? Would he give me spot price for my jewelry?
>>
>>1228731
What jobs involve negotiating? I love keep track of numbers and making plays to fuck people.
>>
>>1228695
Tell him you have a ring like that as well, ask how much he would pay for it, then you'll have an idea how much he'd sell it for.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.