[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to find new things to be passionate towards. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1397627540596.gif (36 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1397627540596.gif
36 KB, 720x720
Is it possible to find new things to be passionate towards. I have no passion in anything useful and therefore there's nothing I can be successful in. am I doomed for failure from a business perspective?
>>
I feel the same way.

Before computers I was an outdoorsy type, spending all of my time fishing and playing sports. Ultima Online launched and I became an addicted hermit at 13. I then moved every two years, never developing a solid social circle, causing me to have zero social life and live in online worlds. Through that I developed above average computer skills, which led me to IT in the military and then the civilian world.

Now in a technical lead position, I dread work and feel dead inside being what feels like a computer janitor. I go to school full-time after work pursuing a CS degree that I feel nothing for. The only part that I'm somewhat interested in is programming because it allows me to bring out my creative side.

I turn 30 in 2 weeks and will probably just an hero.
>>
>>1228611
Quit your job and go on a backpacking trip. Don't stop until you feel 100% different. It's better than being an hero
>>
>>1228611
>>1228633
>dubs
Like you could do the Appalachian trail. You could do it for about a thousand dollars all said and done, spending a month on the trail.
No computers, no bullshit. You can meet some really interesting people, or just tell everyone to fuck off if that's how you feel.

When you're done with that, hitch hike across country and do the Pacific coast trail.
>>
>>1228593
Yes

Everytime I check out a new board on 4chan I get pretty passionate about it for a year or two. Been through /fit/, /k/ and /pol/ and now /biz/ and a bit of /o/. Of course those are all things that interested me beforehand, and I'm not making a living out of these interests, but I've become a better person regardless.

Bottom line is yes, you can develop new passions. Just think about what really interests you, what you've always wanted to do.
>>
>>1228593
that's depression

just pick what you hate the least and start working towards it. works for me sometimes
>>
>>1228593
try r9k
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.