[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My parents are going to give me €150,000 and my girlfriend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ireland 2.jpg (24 KB, 328x363) Image search: [Google]
ireland 2.jpg
24 KB, 328x363
My parents are going to give me €150,000 and my girlfriend has rich parents so I assume she will be given money too.

I plan to buy a home and live mortgage free but is there something better I can do with the money? Ireland is currently just coming out of a property bubble that burst. Prices are low but going back up fast. 9% last year.
>>
Well, I'm not very familiar with Irish real estate market, but generally this is a good choice for people that aren't great at short- mid-term investments, so buying a good house will not only provide you with a living space, but could potentially be used as a speculative tool.
Anyway, if you're looking for other options, I recommend using either funds or bank deposits. You don't need unnecessary risks, right? Again - I'm not very familiar with your country, so also do your own research.
>>
>>1228563
I'd say the opposite. If you have a good income, leverage up on real estate if you think it's climbing. Get as many mortgaged rental properties as you can.

In the US, a lot of people made very good money by buying up cheap real estate.

Plus, I'm assuming you're fairly young, so you should be looking for something riskier.
>>
what if she left you?
>>
>>1228563
>>1228568
Okay so I am on the right track.
>>1228571
Well since she will be coming into this with a similar amount of money I think I am safe enough as far as assets getting split and since We are not married and I would receive this before then, I think I am still safe.
>>
>>1228676
Rather than 'thinking your safe' just have a basic contract drawn up from day 1 that says how things get split later down the road if the property is sold etc. And before you say you Gf would be unhappy with that or its over the top, consider the fact that you're talking about chucking a combined 300k into a pot, its not exactly chump change and a few % here or there is several thousands.
>>
>>1228699
A contract that I write up wouldn't override Irish law but as far as I am aware it is much fairer on the man than US or Canadian law and I would get legal advice closer to the time.
>>
>>1228733
>A contract that I write up wouldn't override Irish law
Irish law stipulates alimony and/or a half/half sharing of all assets in cases of couples splitting up? I thought that was a condition of the institution of marriage, not informal partnership.

>i'm getting married/am married
Think twice/get out as soon as possible. The advice doesn't get any better than this.
>>
>>1228804
If you cohabit for 4 years you become common law spouses and the same rules apply as marriage. If I didnt want to get married you need your partner to opt out. If they dont opt out and you dont wanna be married you have to split up.

Effectively not getting married means living along for the rest of my life. Not very appealing.

Also Ireland currently only have a divorce rate of 9%.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.