[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MOBILE SAND BLASTING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: b54222cs-960.jpg (231 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
b54222cs-960.jpg
231 KB, 960x540
I'm considering getting into the mobile "sand" blasting business and surface preparation.

Anyone have some insight they want to share? Located in Europe btw.

As usual, the internet is full of useless fucks peddling their get rich quick systems and there doesn't seem to be much genuine information out there.

Anyway, so why mobile?
I think going mobile gives me far better options than setting up a shop. For instance I can bid on contracts for municipal cleaning works and building resurfacing.
And I don't need to hire employees. I can focus solely on blasting, instead of having to deal with other things like galvanizing and painting to cover the headache of daily overhead of wages, electricity bills, and property lease.
The only overhead for mobile outfits is pretty much diesel for the generator, equipment maintenance, and the blasting media itself.

The startup costs are definitely heavy but I am able to cover them without resorting to debt.
I'm looking at close to €100k in equipment to start operating. That includes a large diesel compressor, a blasting pot with the required fittings, a trailer, and a second hand flatbed truck to pull or carry everything.
But I think there is money to be made. With one solid job a week I could recoup that €100k within two years.

What do you guys think?
>>
Hire Mexicans
>>
>>1229420
Eurofags don't have a cheap labor source to boost the economy lol
>>
You fucktard, sandblasting is obsolete. they have lasers that don't leave black sand falling off the surfaces a year after it has been blasted.
>>
>>1228251

No idea about sand blasting, but I know a decent amount about pressure washing.

In business I think it's better to start small and build on successes.

So maybe just get into some pressure washing first?

Here in the USA you can get a machine for like $300, then make $200 - $300 every work day pressure washing. Fucking simple.
>>
>>1228251
I don't know if you can rent equipment where you're at, but that's what my dad did when he started out doing surface prep on his own here in the US. Business is difficult to come by for him (maybe due to the high competition), so your advertising skills will have to be strong.

>>1229894
This might be a good route but bear in mind that there are about as many pressure washing dudes as there are lawn care guys. It's highly competitive because it has a low barrier of entry.
>>
>>1229643

Yes they do. They're called Poles.
>>
>>1229420
>>1229643
One person can run the equipment. But it helps to have someone set up tarps and plastic and for cleanup.
If there is enough business I will definitely hire workers.

>>1229894
I'm already thinking of adding pressure washing and dry ice blasting if things go well and I get establish solid business, even if just to capture more of the home cleaning market.
With dry Ice machines I can clean shit like upholstery, and more sensitive materials, and get things like tar off of equipment without actually stripping the finish off.

With pressure washing and CO2 I can target more home owners than with sand blasting.
There isn't anybody doing pressure washing in my area as far as I know.

The thing about pressure washing is that its expensive for what it is, and 90% of my clients will be homeowners or small businesses.
Industrial and big commercial operations want their shit done quick and don't care much about the cost. Obviously every moment their equipment is out of commission, they are losing money.
Plus, the profit from pressure washing is lower, so I will need to have a job lined up pretty much every day of the week and that is extremely difficult in the beginning.
>>
File: a25fdbu-960.jpg (157 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
a25fdbu-960.jpg
157 KB, 960x720
>>1229992
I can rent or lease a compressor, but I have to buy the "pot". The pot I'm looking at is a bit over €20k.
Its hard to find prices because most companies want you to lease or finance equipment.
Presently I'm still looking over compressors, but I'm likely going for something around 375CFM.
If I buy the pot, I'm committing to the business so I might as well just buy the compressor outright.

Does your father advertise online or in print?
With pressure washing and dry ice, I definitely will have to advertise to reach potential clients.

I've had other business in the past and have never needed to advertise.
I started by taking small sub-contracting jobs from smaller contractors who didn't have the resources to commit to multiple jobs.
Then once I got to talking, and got to know more contractors, I took on bigger jobs.
Soon I was even getting referrals from other contractors. Eventually I was able to take on my own contracts.

This is basically the reason why I don't want to start with pressure washing even though its less of a risk.
I know will be wasted doing on jobs every day, and when I'm not on a job it will be answering email inquiries and stupid secretary shit like that.
Instead I could be getting to know people and building the business.

I've seen a particular sandblasting franchise in the US shilling itself to retired people as a means to make a solid income.
What kind of jobs does your father do?
Is there a bread a and butter like maybe cars or boats?
Type sandblasting on facebook and youtube and you will see poeple advertising automotive and marine sandblasting.
That seems to be an easy way to get a foot into the business.

What about expenses. Can you give me an idea of how much media I can expect to consume for maybe a car or a brick wall.
Thats one of the many things I can't find much information on.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.