[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does a newb like me get into investing, stocks, etc.?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: PeriodicTable-Space.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PeriodicTable-Space.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Can you give me ( a basic fuckboi numnuts when it comes to stocks) a basic run down, of Dos and Do nots. Where to start. What to look at. Why. When to do what and how to do it.
What should be my starting investment, and in where? should I do it through an online broker, or trust the shady one I hear all the bad things about in town? Please /biz/ guide me into your world. I feel like a new inmate who just wants to get the shower rape over with so I can be included in the group and do my own raping in the future.
>>
Open a Vanguard brokerage account and buy VTSMX or VTSAX if you can afford it, wait 30 years and NEVER LISTEN TO /biz/. It's just business flavored shitposting
>>
>>1228119
>Open a Vanguard brokerage account and buy VTSMX or VTSAX if you can afford it, wait 30 years and NEVER LISTEN TO /biz/

So... Don't open a vanguard brokerage account and but VTSMX or VTSAX?
>>
>>1228114
1. google "investopedia"
2. if you want to
(a.) buy stocks this minute and sell them the next for x% profit. Repeat as much as possible during the day. cash out and take home thousands of <your_currency>
or
(b.) buy a company's stocks. sit on them for a few years. sell them for a profit

trust me, it won't ever work!

>why?
for (a.)
1. there are limits to how many times you can sell-buy in a day [not more than 4 times in 5 days]
2. most of the times you can't buy more stocks unless you have paid for the stocks you bought previously [even if you have enough money] because it takes 3 working days for transaction to be completed.
3. there are limits to how many stocks you can buy at a time. you can't just put in a billion dollars and go gaga over a company.
4. you need $25000 in your account before you can day trade. and who even has that kind of money just laying around?

for (b.)
1. the overall increase in any company's stock is pretty much only as much as any good enough bank would give you as interest for the time period.
2. it is never a guarantee that a company's shares will only increase in price.

So, what should you do?
1. buy property you can repair and sell again or at least rent out. Trust me, easiest money.
2. buy index mutual funds
3. long-term fixed deposit
4. buy agricultural land. it is rlatively cheaper and will give you agricultural product to sell if you'd stop being a lazy ass and get to working on it.

final advice - money attracts money. the currency world works in the terms of percentage.
you put in a thousand, and you get the same percentage profit back for the same time period
you put in a trillion and guess what? same profit percentage for the the same time period.

tl;dr - if you aren't already rich, you shouldn't even dream about getting rich anytime soon, so get a REAL FUCKING JOB you delusional faggot.
>>
Buy high and Sell Low do that and you will be a millionaire
>>
tastytrade.com

newbs to millionaires
various styles of trading

pretty much 100% free.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.