[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
McKinsey Consultants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
I really want to get into McKinsey as a consultant. In order to achieve this goal, what major(s)/minor(s) should I take?

Also, what schools do they look for? I'm thinking of the Ivy League, but they don't offer anything that interests me. Is it imperative that I boast an Ivy degree?
>>
>>1226806
Accounting at a target school.
>>
>>1226811
Is this like spam?

>>1226831
Thanks brother. Would you happen to know what some of their target schools are? What about business/finance degrees? I recently earned a banking and finance diploma and that'll help with college :)
>>
>>1226835
UTexas- Austin, UIUC, BYU, Notre Dame, UPenn, NYU, UMich, IU, USC.
>>
>>1226843
Agreed former USC Trojan here,

I know ppl that got hired but they were straight-A fucks. If you're on /biz/ feeling miserable in wagecuck slavery you probably aren't them
>>
>>1226843
Thanks again.

>>1226855
Would you happen to know what courses/degrees they were taking? I'm trying to figure out if economics/finance/business is a must.
>>
>>1226862
All finance and accounting
Perfect grades, TAs in everything
Kneepads around all administation to the point of seriously wtf
Maybe they fucked administration not sure
>>
>>1226874
too far. Can't bring myself to be that much of a cocksucker C'est la vie
>>
>>1226806

McKinsey&COmapny are assholes. They will take in young "smart" people that have no life experience, brainwash them into Braindead Dress puppets and suck the life out of them for a few years.
As soon as your performance curve starts to dip down, you will be asked to leave.
Seriously.. a bunch of Smug assholes.

source: Worked there as support staff for 3 years.
>>
You could also get a JD or MBA if you fuck up your undergrad. My law school fairly regularly sends people to MBB.
>>
>>1226806
Go to r/consulting they have a big list of info.

I'd warn you on the gayness of your idea but your probably to niave to listen.
>>
>>1227318

True, but it's also the only place where said "smart" people can get top management exposure around the globe in such a short time in high profile engagements. Which, funny enough, turns out to be valuable experience in some other hiring companies' view. It's a career stepping stone / extended internship, everyone is aware of that.
>>
>>1226874
Do you mean the school's administration? Not too familiar with the American college system myself.

>>1227665
Thanks for the link. What's wrong with McKinsey? Or do you mean consulting in general?
>>
>>1227318
>take in young "smart" people that have no life experience, brainwash them into Braindead Dress puppets and suck the life out of them for a few years

Haha I'm aware, but as I mentioned in an earlier post I have a banking & finance diploma. Wall Street is probably going to be a few times worse, no?
>>
>>1227318
Seconding. I know a girl who worked there and got totally mind-broken from the workload and odd demands put on her life. All that for an entry-level position where most of your cohort will get fired in a couple of years.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.