[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I pass UK graduate job interviews? I've probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
How do I pass UK graduate job interviews? I've probably taken part in about 30 processes for internships and graduate roles since 2013 and failed all of them (though I have passed individual phone interviews).

Almost all questions are basic questions about the company or competency questions. I know about the STAR format for the latter. I think the only reason I may fail these is due to not being a normie. I've interviewed with companies in many industries (investment banks, public sector, engineering, and more) and it seems that every recruitment process desires glib normies who are above a low intelligence threshold and who were President of the Anything Society at university.

Do you have any advice for giving off the normie vibe? You may say stuff like "Be concise, structure your answers and so on" but I know literally all of that.
>>
>>1226386
Civil servant here. Recently successfully got a promotion. STAR format is one thing, but they're also testing you at competencies such as leadership. The civil service ones are here
>https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
Try and meet the effective indicators under EO/HEO/SEO (junior-middle management) for the key ones applicable to the area you're applying. Leadership and communication always. Delivering at pace too. Get a peer review of your answers and ALWAYS be super enthusiastic.
>>
>>1226393

I interviewed for a similar graduate role as a civil servant and the application process was clearly an exaggerated version of what I described. The numerical test was designed for 12 year olds (as opposed to 16 year olds for most other companies) and the entire interview was like an HR parody
>>
File: qdz3nVD.jpg (18 KB, 388x392) Image search: [Google]
qdz3nVD.jpg
18 KB, 388x392
>>1226393
>and ALWAYS be super enthusiastic.

I guess I have no hope afterall then.
>>
>>1226386
Get a non-grad job in a good firm and work your way up through hard work and competence.
>>
>>1227456
What a waste of being a grad
>>
>>1226398
Oh it's very exaggerated but if you can ace the process you're good.
Non-grad here btw
>>
>>1227473
Degree stays on your cv and helps you get better jobs in future.
Laws of probability say you're unlikely to get a place on a grad scheme.
Too much competition for too few jobs.
>>
>>1226386
I know that feel. I wish I was a normie so badly sometimes. It's literal terror watching chad sail through making people laugh and smile in work settings.

I have good grades and am intelligent, but I feel depressed and lonely all of the time. WHAT DO
>>
>>1227585
This explains my life since graduation.
>>
>>1227856

kill chad and slurp up his alpha juice
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.