[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do /biz/ >I'm an army IT guy >Top secret clearance,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1461324334114.png (1 MB, 622x1381) Image search: [Google]
1461324334114.png
1 MB, 622x1381
What do /biz/

>I'm an army IT guy
>Top secret clearance, couple of IT certs (Sec+, Net+, CCNA)
>Switching to National Guard so I can maintain my clearance and healthcare

Now I plan on going to college in the fall since I'll be out. I was considering majoring in Electrical Engineering, since IT is oversaturated and supposedly outsourced majorly.

Then I get on here and everyone says engineering is a waste of time for the same reason.

What do I major in? I just want a comfy 80-90k job
>>
Get a degree in information systems then work in cyber security.

>Army IT

That's a cute way to spell 35S.
>>
You could do contracting with places like Raytheon or some junk. If you got a TS you can do a lot of lucrative stuff.

Source: father has done a bunch of private contracting with different companies for the Army and DoD. Can make a fuckton if you got the right credentials or contract.
>>
>>1226474
This. Lots of F500 businesses looking for this skill set; major in some form of computer science, engineering or networking, get an undergrad degree, and get a job that pays 6 figures straight out of school.
>>
>>1226281
>I just want a comfy 80-90k job
>only caring about doing as little as possible and money
Clearly the army has taught you nothing.
>>
Why are you going to school before getting a job?

Former 2651 Marine here, I make 100k sitting at a desk while going to night classes.

Get a a jerb before your clearance lapses dumbass
>>
>>1226281
>Ex Army IT guy
>Not turning rogue and pursuing blackhat careers

You're a disapointment to the modern world senpai
>>
>>1226474
Doesn't information systems have a really bad unemployment rate?
http://www.university.com/avoid_these_majors/

>>1226518
Right. Let's all go work as pickers in an amazon warehouse. That's the REAL dream!
>>
>>1226607
With your background, that's almost the equivalent of a 4-year degree to many firms.

So get a CISSP, and go apply as a network security guy. Make your $80k annual 9-5 job in like 2-3 years of hard work (3-5 years if you coast).
>>
Walk around DC and get job offers like everyone else with your clearance and backround

Friend lives in the area and basicly has what you have and hes been poached 6-8 times in the last 3 years
>>
what kinda shit do you see with top secret clearance?

just helicopter footage like wikileaks shit?

I'm guessing only the CIA has all the real top secret shit
>>
>>1227927
Think Edward snowden
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.