[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't we start a /biz/ hedge fund?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
Why don't we start a /biz/ hedge fund?
>>
>>1225099

Would you give any of these retards your money?
>>
>>1225099
underperforming the market as a business strategy

>shorting our own stock after IPO
>>
Why a hedge fund in particular?
>>
We could make a penny stock index

With over ten stocks entering or exiting daily
>>
>>1225099
because most people on here are fucking idiots?
>>
The hardest part of starting a hedge fund is getting money from investors.

Who on earth would give money to a /biz/ hedge fund?
>>
>>1225238
Because it's halal. We pay no interest.
>>
File: 1461225320215.jpg (14 KB, 236x348) Image search: [Google]
1461225320215.jpg
14 KB, 236x348
why haven't nerds built more derivative investments instruments that trade in cryptocurrencies?
>math is work
>lack of liquidity
>most anons are crooks?
I dunno Op. go ahead and try it
>>
>>1225242
We just make sure the money retains it's value, so wealthy Muslims won't get poorer.
The remaining profit will be used to future-proof our product and support Islamic charities, like helping poor Syrian refugees in Turkey.

Now we only have to find a noble Sheik to give us his money.
>>
>>1225250
if they would care about rapefugees they would do something to help them. kek
>>
>>1225226
Not a bad Idea
>>
There was a thread a few months ago with someone putting 500 in his robinhood account and letting /biz pick his trades. That was the closest /biz came to being a fund
>>
>>1226755
that sounds like fun
>>
>>1226755
I'd rather throw darts at the Wall Street Journal stock pages.
>>
>>1225099
because you're all a bunch of wankers
>>
because of the lack of money and knowledge. the few people here with any real professional experience in markets wouldnt join since they have better things to do anyway.
>>
>>1225250
>Nobel
>sheiks

Wew
>>
>>1225116
the producers type scam? we can only win by failing. i like it.
>>
Id throw a few bucks in just to see what would happen.

someone step up with a face and a social media profile, and offer to operate the fund. If I like what I see ill put some money in.
>>
>>1225099

>Why don't we throw money in a void that a couple of scrawny faggots will steal and blow on esoteric imaginary coins worth microscopic fractions of a cent

Sounds great!
>>
File: 1445062489179.gif (76 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1445062489179.gif
76 KB, 501x585
>>1225099
>tfw as long as we're sufficiently uncorrelated with the S&P, financial institutions will use us as a hedging instrument.
>>
A Hedgefund with coins. It should consist entirely on all kind of coins
>>
>>1225099
A very brave bunch of anons would have to leave the comfort of anonymity to do so. What professional wants to be ousted as a chronic biz shitposter?
>>
>>1230008
What's the derivative market like for bitcoins? It just occurred that if you really wanted to scheme you could bet against the currency while bitcoin mining and then release a fuckton of coins just to inflate the market.
>>
>>1225226
i kinda like this....
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.