[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finance majors: Do you remember how to do expectations hyptothesis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: loldidntstudy.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
loldidntstudy.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
Finance majors: Do you remember how to do expectations hyptothesis?

Say I have to figure out the 2 year rate in one year and the following rates are as follows

Term Rate
1 1.31%
2 3.21%
3 5.56%

Now I'm wondering how do I solve for this?
>>
5.146%
>>
6. 203%
>>
>>1224187
How hard is finance? Is there any way I could double major in it with electrical engineering or is that just too much work. I have doubts about my field, I made a mistake and fell for the stem scam.
>>
>>1224550
If you're doing well in EE, any of the majors in the college of business are a relative joke. For the portions of a finance degree that are related to mathematics, it doesn't go beyond algebra, child's play for an engineering major.

However, there isn't a lot of overlap between an EE degree and a finance degree. You'll end up spending an extra year or two in college if you double major.
>>
>>1224573
Not that guy, but don't finance majors have to know stochastic calculus and PDEs to price options?
>>
>>1224610

Yes if you want to know about it but. But most people don't and most programs don't require anything remotely that rigorous. As long as you have an understanding of the intuition.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.