[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shorting Pump and Dump stocks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
This seems like easy money. Why is it a bad idea?
>>
>>1223264

cause you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>1223288

Not OP, but can you explain? Whether by shorting them at their peak or buying into the pump and dump stock and then getting out before the crash, there has to be ''some'' way of making money off of those scams.
>>
>>1223302
Low liquidity means no shorting. Also, the stock can pump for long enough forcing you to buy in at a high price. Google "short pump and dump", plenty of good reading on Quora.

TL;DR: It's like playing a game of cards with a crooked dealer, you can't win.
>>
>>1223264
It would be very expense. Good luck finding anyone who will lend you shares so you can short sell and if you do, you will pay a hefty premium
>>
File: 1454819471867.gif (3 MB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1454819471867.gif
3 MB, 200x250
if you short with stops low market capitalization instruments with any decent money they will simply clip your stops
>>
can people stop trying to "play" the stock market. that was never what it was meant for. you should invest in something you believe in and cash out when you have reached a goal. there is no quick gains you won't make 50% gain in a day.
>>
Its not but /biz/ is retarded. They dont believe its possible to make money from the stock market
>>
>>1223473
Point made
>>1223395
>>
>>1223476
how is my comment saying you can't make money from the stock market? I said you can but it's not quick
>>
>>1223483
Youre part of an echo chamber that believes the market is only good for investing in ETFs and after 20 years cashing out just enough to beat inflation
>>
>>1223497
wrong. that isn't my investment strategy at all. I think people who do pump and dump have a gambling problem
>>
>>1223264
because you can't reliably predict the height of the pump ?
>>
>>1223264
Why not try learning how to trade options?

Shorting, especially on shitty penny stocks comes with a lot of uncertainty and risk
>>
>>1223506
Doesn't matter if you have enough assets, it'll dump sooner or later.
>>
>>1223348
There are P&D stocks with high liquidity. EBIO for instance.
>>
>>1223499
How is it gambling? Pumped stocks will fall. Thats a certainity. Its like betting on gravity
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.