[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age/Occupation/Salary - College Graduate Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 13
File: 1459191736590.png (16 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
1459191736590.png
16 KB, 500x450
Lets get one of these threads going /biz/. Also, what do currently employed fags thing of their job.

>22

>Kansas City

>Business Intelligence Analyst

>55k/yr

>Haven't started yet but it seems like a promising career.
>>
I've been in the same IT department for the last 15 years, and fortunately I've gained the trust of all of the management to just work on what I feel like, and am given a lot of autonomy. Mostly I automate processes and build tools in Access/Excel.
>>
>23
>medical student (MD)
> $0
>>
>>1223226
>26
>Taipei
>major in physics
>$800 a yr
I have to gtfo of this shithole
>>
>24
>Seoul, Korea
>NEET, trying to become graduate student
>none

If i dont get accepted into grad school, i think im gonna an hero off the bridge.
>>
>20
>High School dropout
>Toronto
>Dog Walker by day Stand Up Comedian by night
>35k/yr

I need like 40k/yr to live comfy. low cost of living I
>>
Gulf Coast
Railroad worker
~100k/yr
>I'm not a college graduate
>>
>21
>Customer Assistant
>£15.5k
>going to Unibersity to study Business in a few months so I can maybe get a half decent career
>>
>18
>Ann Arbor MI
>Engineering Student
>-(20,000/yr)

It'll be worth it when I'm making 80k+ straight out of engineering school, r-right?
>>
File: L88mBul.jpg (47 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
L88mBul.jpg
47 KB, 400x300
>>1223226
>22
>Will not disclose
>CEO of my own company
>117000$/year
>>
>>1223226
>21
>Law/Math/Econ Student
>$0 (I fucked up with immaturity earlier in life, but failing a few times shouldn't mean you give up)
>Starting a business(alcohol manufacturing)
>>
>>1223301
How are you getting paid that little?
>>
>>1223226
>30
>BI Analyst
>127k/year

>Pretty good. Trying to move more from the data side to the business strategy side though, so I can move into management
>>
>>1223383
Forgot to add
>MS
>>
>>1223383
Cool! Its good to hear that you enjoy your job. What would be some advice for someone starting in that field?
>>
>>1223226
>20

>LONDON
>O
>N
>D
>O
>N

>Policymaker

>£35k
>>
>24
>Arizona, USA
>NEET, trying to become graduate student
>none
>>
>>1223383

Can you talk about your BS/MS and career progression please?
>>
>>1223374
Because low salaries and I am unemployed for 11 months, can't find a job.Got back with parents.Taiwanese employer are all the same backstabbing lying assholes, they want you to know who the fuck you are more than doing the real job.You're what papers said about you.
NOTHING MORE. I don't want to support local businesses then because they are all cliquey assholes.
>>

Belgium

Law student/Poker player

25-30k eu/y
>>
>30
>Texas
>Controller
>140k/yr

Honestly, overpaid at the moment.
>>
>>1223461
Whats' controller?
>>
>>1223472
The top accountant at a company usually.
>>
>>1223481
U have accountant's degree?
>>
>29
> Austin Tx
> financial analyst
>56k
> pretty much the CFOs right hand man. Feels good to finally be respected and have a promising future as an executive in 5-10 years
>>
21 and live in kc too let me see that boi pussy
>>
> 42 years old
> Sr Business Intelligence Engineer
> Vancouver WA
> $95k/yr plus bonuses n stocks n shit

"Hi guys let's scrum! This is gonna take at *LEAST* 30 minutes maybe an hour so we can just sit down. When we talk about our roadblocks let's talk in intimate detail so other developers can give advice and pivot this into a coaching/learning opportunity to talk about nuanced technical stuff. Oh also, we heard from finance that scope of the project changed. This is because the reporting team isn't asking the right questions. But it's totally ok the reporting team modeled the architecture and wrote base scripts because they'd rather be developers and engineers than analysts. Their code is slow as fuck and not at all scalable or portable but they look handsome so we have to use it. Also, we're going to pull half the team off task to learn some nuanced emerging technology like Splunk. Ok let's break because most of the engineers need to be in meetings with the business all day gathering scope requirements because the reporting team is busy writing shit code and models."

^ I make it sound bad. It's fun work and it pays great. But god damn is it frustrating.
>>
>24
> London
>email marketing exec
>26k
> the work can get kinda monotonous, don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to html, but I like the fact we get to go to networking events and people in my office are good fun at the pub.
>>
>24
>new york
>financial research
>80 - 120k depending on bonus/firm performance

twist: i work like 35 hours a week (occasionally 40 - 45) and spend most of it browsing 4chan

i can make like twice the money for like 1.5x - 2x the hours but i'd rather not.
>>
>29
>Texas
>Reliability Engineer
>$140k/yr

It's a fun job as you aren't stuck in a cubicle and get to go out in the field. You are basically a mini project manager/troubleshooter but more hands on. Very satisfying to see a project you came up get completed and run well.
>>
>>1223509
>being this much of a normalfag
>>
>>1223514

Is that enough to live in new york confortably? Can you live in a decent size apartment and eat out? Can you get to a point of owning a place?
>>
>>1223509
>that wage
>london
>>
>>1223226

Unemployed now,but making $36k a year working as a QA Test Engineer (underpaid)
>>
>>1223226

BS in criminal justice, AAS in Emergency Management

Mid South, USA

>whites need not apply to govt jobs

$60k/yr 'front end dev', just slang for data entry.

Dead end cubicle job. I need to get my shit together and find something interesting.
>>
>>1223579
Working + receiving compensation = unemployed?
>>
>>1223485
Finance, took a couple of classes to get my CPA
>>
>>1223509
Marketo or Exact target?
>>
>>1223324
How d'you get in on that? I've been looking to do something similar. Do you need connections?
>>
File: 1454107446790.jpg (76 KB, 1198x677) Image search: [Google]
1454107446790.jpg
76 KB, 1198x677
>23
>warehouse manual labor and office work
>21k before taxes

trying my best not to commit seppuku
>>
>>1223621
No connections required, but you won't get hired now. Traffic is down about 15% from last year and most class I's have started furloughing employees.

You also probably wouldn't have an appetite for a career in the transportation department of any large railroad. Your telephone becomes your best friend and you will have no concept of a regular social life or work schedule for the first 5-10 years. The extra board is a cruel bitch.
>>
$8000/year, Russia
So fucking awesome country!
>>
>25
>Silicon Valley
>Sales support
>$24/hr
>Finance degree

I could get a better job but this company is growing steadily so I'm holding out.
>>
>>1223643
Russia is beautiful compared to this crowded shithole.
>>
>24
>Los Angeles
>Shipping/Export Administrator
>35k a year

The job is menial as fuck, I haven't gained any real skills and I feel dumber since working here

I'm worried if I don't get out now I'm going to be stuck with shit experience
>>
>>1223692
Welcome to life?
>>
>>1223698
I'm aware
>>
>>1223555
>live comfortable

very, especially because i have no student loans. i live in a great apartment in a nice neighborhood (upper east side, and not out of the way UES either). i eat out all the time and spend way more than is hould. i don't save as much as i should but whatever.

>owning a place

in NY, probably not right now. but i'm not too concerned with owning a place until later. and i might not stay in ny/finance forever. i honestly don't like it that much.
>>
>>1223608

should be in past test, *made* $36k a year, etc
>>
>>1223692
but that job sounds interesting and fun. I always liked the idea of working in exports and imports and speaking to foreigners importing exotic things. The job seems like it would involve a lot of optimization of space and cargo.
>>
>>1223305
Which one? Hangang has quite a few.
>>
>21

>Ireland

>Student

>0k/yr
>>
>>1223632
What exactly do you do on the railroad? Are you just a layman? What sort of money are we talking at entry level? When do you think they'll start hiring again?
>>
>>1223904
A trainman, but I got furloughed as that and they offered me a job as a trackman.

The money all depends on the company and collective bargaining agreement. For me I started off at 100% rate of pay once I marked up and was making $42/hr as a conductor.
>>
>>1223917
Fuck man that sounds sick. I already asked this but when do you think they'll be hiring again? Since obviously at the moment they're letting people go with much more experience than me
>>
>>1223919
Years.

Last I heard was a 15 year hiring freeze in transportation for us. Railroads hire in cycles as it's a job that most people get and hold for dear life. Keep an eye out on all the class I railroads(KCS, UP, NS, CSX, BNSF, CN, CP) websites to see if they're hiring for anything. Ask me any questions that you have, though.
>>
28, Midwest. Product/Marketing Manager. $40k plus bonus.

It's a decent paycheck for the area, but the people I work with lack organization so I wind up doing a lot of extra work. And they don't have a lot of computer know-how, so I also get stuck with that.

This all adds up to a hellish busy season but a fairly laid back rest of the year.

Planning to open my own shop on the side selling website services, but we'll see how it goes. Won't be enough to quit but it will be nice income.
>>
>>1223226
>21
>Ohio
>Unemployed/college student
>$0
>grad school is basically an obligation in my major
>>
env consulting. pretty reliant on development. hoping to get a govt regulatory job within 5 years.
>>
Maryland
Statist
95k/yr

Breddy gud, I work 8-4 and live in a nice neighborhood.
>>
>>1223926
Yeah I definitely will, I'll keep tabs on those websites too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this one of those jobs where you're working on a 2 on 1 off or 2 on 2 off basis? I'm referring to weeks btw
>>
>>1223952
metro area? Btw what is a statist? Is that like a statistician?
>>
>>1223956
Yeah, North Bethesda to be precise. And it's a statistician, I just use statist since it's shorter.
>>
also KC
its ok
>>
>>1223226
Where did you go to school, and what did you study to become a BI analyst? I'd like to become one.

Thanks
>>
>>1223953
Hahahaha no. This isn't shift work. Again, depending on your contract an extra board may or may not have off days. Extra boards are a first in first out affair where you're elgible to be called once you're "rested"(10 hours after last working).
>>
>>1223962
Did you go to College Park? I've fucked some fine bitches at that school
>>
>>1223967
Nah I went to George Washington. I've been to a few parties at UMD tho.
>>
>>1223965
Gotcha, so there's not like a site you go to to rest up after you're done working? Like they call you up when they need you and off you go to the railroad
>>
>>1223975
Tell you what, when I sober up I'll explain the bid cycle and extra board for my company. It's not too complicated, but it's probably something you're unfamiliar with.
>>
>>1223426
BS: Math + Physics from no-name state school
MS: Engineering Physics from top 10 school

Almost PhD in Physics (studying quantitative biology), but got burnt out and depressed towards the end, and so left without finishing my doctorate.

Quit. Got job in data science for a big consulting firm. $71K. Stayed for roughly 2 years. Ending Salary was $81K. I started looking around toward the end because people were flat out telling me I was being way underpaid.

Got a job at a medium-sized firm which previously did well due to the strength of their brand, but wants to leverage their data to make more calculated decisions. $127K.

First job took 6 months to get, the second 1 took less than a month.

I got a late start in business, but I think I've done fairly well for myself in the 2 years since I started.
>>
>>1223978
Sounds good thankfully /biz/ is a slow board so just do your thing brah
>>
>>1223226

>23
>England
>Uneployed.
>0£ per year

I would really like to work in a hospital as a porter or technacal instructor. In the future I'd like to be a laboratory assistant. That would be nice.
>>
>>1223557
That's about average
>>
>>1223308
> 35k Canadian money, 15k American (real) money
>>
>>1224009
really good post btw
>>
>26
>Bank bond portfolio manager ($3bn but a lot of it is in stuff that doesn't require active management (agency CMOs, Agy CMBS, cds etc trying to get more into munis but the space is hottt)
>75k

About to take the level 3 CFA exam. If I pass I expect to have my pay bumped to over $100k.
>>
>20

>Bulgaria

>Police officer

>10k/yr

>seems promising i am actually on work right now doing jack shit all day.
>>
>>1223226
>26
>northeastern pa
>$36k/yr ($40-45k/yr after mandatory overtime) manual labor wageslave in a factory

don't fall for the math degree meme. it's worthless.
>>
>21
>arizona
>80k/yr
>Software Engineer

Just about to start. Hope I don't get crushed by overtime.
>>
File: c19poJc.jpg (155 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
c19poJc.jpg
155 KB, 960x960
Should I take an international economics and finance degree or a business management degree?
>>
>>1223350
>puts the dollar sign after the digits
>>
>>1223226
>30

>ny

>Quant

>~$600,000/yr

>pretty interesting desu senpai
>>
>21
>econ and fiance grad
>fucking 0

I feel like I'm a failure for not having a job
>>
>>1223226

>31 (So old)

>Perth City but move around for work

>International Banker

>180K/y - 210k/y

>I love the stress
>>
>>1224258
shit school?
>>
>>1224198
International economics and finance (although I don't really know why needs to be "international.")

It will be more valuable in getting you started in the finance world. Management seems more applicable to someone who's already experienced, and should probably be saved for an MBA.
>>
File: ultimatehnnng.png (268 KB, 470x395) Image search: [Google]
ultimatehnnng.png
268 KB, 470x395
>22

>Shanghai/Shenzhen

>International Business Developer

>440,000RMB/year (like 68k USD I think)

>tfw just graduated and started a new life in China
>>
Aerospace Engineer
70k Canadian, Toronto
50 hrs a week is too much though. I need 40 max and under in my life
>>
>>1223226
>25
>live alone
>3rd world country
>no welfare
>IT Support
>$ 1560 - 1660 / y
>drive 40km a day

cant say that i hate the job but goddamnit

>no documentation
>constantly google everything
>twice off days in a week
>"anon you can pick any off days you want EXCEPT saturday and sunday because I AM (my boss) going to take it"

really tried my best with financial planning, but with this much of salaries, there's no way in hell i could escape to somewhere better
have no time, my social is falling, few savings and my body is getting rusty (too much sitting)

still trying to find any scholarship so i could slip away from here and then find a job somewhere better
>>
>>1224289
How did you get the job?
>>
>>1224311
I flew to Shanghai last year looking for work, some were scheduled interviews, but mostly I just cold-called companies and asked if they had any BD positions open. By the end of my trip I had 20+ interviews, I had 6 months left of school so I used that time to choose whichever one offered me a job and processed my work visa.
>>
>>1224313
Interesting. I've been there myself, but only as a tourist.
Not to interrogate, but what are your qualifications to get in at that salary level?
>>
>>1224198
International economics and finance (although I don't really know why needs to be "international.")

It will be more valuable in getting you started in the finance world. Management seems more applicable to someone who's already experienced, and should probably be saved for an MBA.
>>
>>1224327
With a country that on the whole lacks any creative sense, but is entirely good at manufacturing and engineering, I help companies develop a more consumable product in foreign, mostly western markets. Or on the flip side, help foreign companies enter the Chinese market, something I've researched throughout my schooling.

So the salary comes from the Chinese's need to enter better markets with higher quality products. How I got here though was because I taught myself Chinese and made the right connections when I was in Shanghai.
>>
>>1224327
>>1224333
But to answer your question, not much in terms of qualifications or experience, I'm just ambitious.
>>
>>1224333
>>1224336
In that case, I might try it myself. Design is one of my interests.
One last question: how's your fluency?
>>
>>1224355
It's ok. Heavy American accent, but I can carry on conversations
>>
>23
>Australia
>Graduate in government department
>$61k +15% retirement

Not too bad, the people I work with are good even if the work can be a bit dull. Don't do that much work really, and I get a 10k pay rise in December
>>
New England
Diagnostic radiologist
$380,000 / year

I look at people's insides. It's pretty cool. My IQ is 134.
>>
>28
>Dubai Expat
>Consultant
>$120k-150k
>35 days paid vacation
>Tax Free
>Saving 45% of pay
>>
>>1224032
What school did you graduate?
>>
>>1224466
Are you going to recert for a job that makes use of a 134iq? My sister in law is a diagnostic radiologist and she's a fucking loon
>>
Savannah
Unemployed CIS grad student, BS in IT
$0/yr
Have no experience so I can't apply for most jobs, hate most of IT works, hate anything involving Windows IT work, like *nix related shit, like to program, do bunch of programming related junk in off time.

I hope I pass this exam Monday, if not I have to find a real job which probably means getting a completely shit tier 25k/yr job doing worthless Windows work that I absolutely hate.

I wish I hadn't blown my chance with Mailchimp or Google ...
>>
>>1223816
Mapo. Its the one famous for suicides
>>
>25

>unspecified city, Czech Republic

>Salesman (as in person working @ sales department, not some cold calling shithead bothering people) at a very successful company

>14k a year including bonuses

yep, fuck this country.
>>
>>1223982
Alright, so the way it works, at my company, is that every 4 weeks there is what's called a roll week. We have this old computer program that manages a lot of functions for crews that shows you everything from who's currently working what job to what your pay for a day was and even has a huge list of all the available "jobs" for you to bid on. There are two basic kinds of jobs in train and engine service; a regular job that shows up at specific times on certain days and has specific off days and then there's the extra board where you work on call every day except the specified off days that you have bid on.

There are all kinds of regular jobs. Ones that work nights, ones that work in the day time, ones that just switch cars on the lead, ones that service industries, ones that go over the road to other terminals, and ones that a do a whole mix of these to cover the off days for those jobs. These jobs may work 7PM to 5AM Sunday through Thursday, but the huge advantage is the consistency and predictability of when you're going to work.

The extra board on the other hand is what you'd care most about since it's where you'd be spending the vast amount of time of your early career. For us, we have what's called a "guaranteed extra board" where, no matter how much you work a week, you'll be paid at least a certain dollar amount. So if you don't get called but just three times that week, the company will make up the difference to the guaranteed amount. On the extra board you get a two hour call to show up for work. You'll be called, notified, and expected to be there ready to go in that time. Saying "no" isn't really an option and will result in disciplinary action including unpaid leave and up to termination. Not answering your phone is considered the same thing. So once you've accepted that call and are there you do whatever work they have for you....
>>
>>1224732
...which can be anything from filling in for a guy on a regular job that called out sick or had a scheduled vacation day or you could be working an "extra job" that they've called to make special moves or to move an unscheduled train like a coal or grain train. You might be called to relieve a crew that has expired on their hours of service time, or really anything. That's the joy of the extraboard.

Onto that hours of service bit. When you go on duty, the Federal Government says you're only allowed to perform 12 hours of "covered service." This means basically anything involving the movement of engines or cars. After those 12 hours are up, you're supposed to stop working and be picked up and brought to where you'll tie up(clock out). You're still paid for all the time after those 12 hours, but you're just not allowed to do really anything. Filling out paper work is even frowned upon unless it absolutely needs to be done. Now after you've tied up you are given 10 hours of "undisturbed rest" where the company is not supposed to call you or anything per Federal law. If you worked over 12 hours on your last job, they're supposed to add each minute over to the 10 hours. So if you worked 13 and a half hours, you'd be given 11 and a half hours before they could call you to work again. Got it?

There's a little more to it all with vacancies, temping jobs, seniority districts, different terminals within your district, and other stuff like that, but that's all the basics.
>>
Japan
25 Male
College graduate (BS Marketing)

currently employed as machine operator

2,200,000 Yen a year...
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x1136
>20

>2k a month

> eWhoring.

Only downside is I have to sweet talk rich fags pretending to be a girl but I put 0 effort in its basically my party cash since I'm in a ecommerce internship in EU atm (originally come from Canada going to university in Ontario)
>>
>>1224471
Jelly desu

Have you been a consultant since finishing undergrad?
>>
>22
>Minneapolis USA
>Clinical Research Coordinator
>$42k/yr
Good job for being right out of college, it's through my uni so decent benefits n such

>>1223249
I'm tryna do that. Any tips for a fuckboy? My gpa is on the lower end but I graduated in three years and am published in a decent journal...
>>
>>1224258
I dont think so.
But I only did a three year degree. It should have been a four year honours.
I should go back and do that.

I don't apply myself.
Funking hate it
>>
Sales engineer
Sf
110k+ 3% of whatever I help sell
>>
>>1223226
>currently employed
>Haven't started yet
Hey OP, don't bring that chicken shit logic into the work place. Remember, analyze the data. Data drives decision making. Don't make your own extrapolations and jump to conclusions. That is for the business side.
>>
File: castleroogna.jpg (28 KB, 220x363) Image search: [Google]
castleroogna.jpg
28 KB, 220x363
> 24
> Software Engineer
> suburban PA
> I think last year was around 90k before taxes
> major in CompSci with a focus in Mathematics

My career is pretty much the only important thing in my life at the moment (for better or worse). Going very well.
>>
>20
>Washington state
>Double major in philosophy/political science, specialization in pre-law, coupled with a triple major in history, ethics, and criminal justice
>remotely manage an ecommerce website part-time
>additionally work part time mon-fri as a technician

How fucked am I?
>>
>>1225012
Sorry, that should say triple minor.
>>
>>1223226
> 21
> Perth
> Bachelor of Business 2nd year
> Manager at Restaurant; 22hr weeks ~$500 week
> live with parents, no rent, just pay for own food
> Putting off finishing my degree as much as possible to go traveling and enjoy life before delving into a career
>>
>28
>palo alto
>law student
>0 (ZERO) (zero) (none) dollars a year
>law school's like a 3-year vacation you take in the middle of your life for no reason
>>
>>1225012
> double major with triple minor

Pretty fucked, might as well get used to living in a cardboard box. I say that without a hint of sarcasm.
>>
>>1225012
Zero marketable skills in 5 major/minors bretty fucked desu, senpai.
>>
>>1224479

It's not a school that's well known. Just got lucky with networking. Got an internship at this bank 5 years ago and worked my way up.
>>
>>1225044 #
>>1225049 #
I want to eventually attend law school. I'm currently on a full-ride scholarship, so no debt is being accumulated while in the pursuit of my bachelors. I'm maintaining a 3.75 GPA, so hopefully I'll be eligible for a few scholarships once it comes time to apply to law school.
>>
>>1225070
Protip: law schools don't care about how many minors or majors or whatever you've accumulated, or how difficult they are. Take the easiest classes you can to ratchet up the GPA to as close a 4.0 as possible.
>>
>>1225079
I genuinely enjoy my course-load, though. You're telling me that law schools view a 4.0 in art history no differently than a 4.0 in electrical engineering?
>>
>>1225083
That is 100% what I am telling you. Maybe at the margins, like if two candidates had a 4.0 in history and a 4.0 in electrical engineering with the same LSAT score, they might give the engineer the nod. But that doesn't happen that often. They will take a 4.0 in history over a 3.9 engineer all day every day.
>>
>>1225083
Also, if you're genuinely interested in law school. go to top-law-schools.com for some LSAT study tips when you decide to take it. LSAT is the single most important factor in admissions.
>>
>>1224765
People still fall for that?
>>
>25
>Arkansas
>Programmer
>68k
>>
>18

>Dallas

>High School Debate Judge

>2k/yr

>Haven't started yet but it seems like a promising career.
>>
>27
>MD
>Hedge fund analyst
>170k base + ??? bonus
>>
>>1225092
It's better than ever now that paypal is a normie thing to have. Much better than making them call numbers and whatnot.

I have my own niche and I made $1400 in two weeks, and I use my own picpack that I bought from an actual girl for $50.
>>
>>1225206
do you know any websites out there to help start ewhoring? and what picpacks can i get 4 free?
>>

Canada

Wealth Management Cold Caller

24k/yr (USD)
>>
>>1225206
what is your niche ?
>>
>>1225245
>expecting people to give away their niches in a mongolian smoke signals board

the custom and unique pic pack helps too.

>>1225239
leakforums and hackforums have a lot of picpacks
>>
>25
>Barcelona, Spain
>Underwriter at an insurance company
>30k (EUR)

None of the people I studied with make as much as I do.
>>
>23
>Prague, CZE
>Aplied informatics (i have no idea what im studying)
>up until now 5k (usd)/yr in software QA
What am I doing with my life.
>>
Upstate ny (albany area)
Logistics/inventory manager at a retail startup
30k/yr + 1%/yr equity up to 5%
Not a college grad, got the job due to having passion/connections in the industry.
>>
>>1225269
Did they actually change the name of Czech Republic?
>>
>>1225296
Nah, its just abbreviation
>>
>24
>detroit
>software developer
>$65k

I have "passion" (autism) for software and it is making me unemployable.
>>
>>1225311
Do you have any preference towards keeping the old name or "Czechia" as I recall they were proposing?
>>
>22
>Janitor
>$27/hour CAD
>Student getting finance degree
>>
>>1223962
>North Bethesda
pleb
>>
>26
>Austin
>Software Engineer
>60k/yr

I'm towards the bottom end of the bell curve, but the job is pretty relaxed and flexible, leaving me with time to study and focus on rounding out my professional/personal development, as well as maintain a nice work-life balance.
>>
>>1225130
You debate in high school?
>>
>>1225206
I still can't quite believe it. But then, normalfags always find a way to disappoint.

Is this money coming in dribs and drabs, or in bulk?
>>
>>1224471
>Tax Free

wew lad
>>
>>1225748
They don't have personal income tax there.
Possibly zakat, but I think that's voluntary, at least traditionally.
>>
File: 1422128123810.jpg (21 KB, 604x440) Image search: [Google]
1422128123810.jpg
21 KB, 604x440
>24
>Alberta, Canada
>labourer at toxic waste dump
>37k/year

Kill me
>>
>>1223383
Hold it. You didn't mention where you live. Location is important people. 100k in Palo Alto doesn't have the same buying power as 100k in Phoenix, obviously.
>>
>>1223604
as someone who is graduating in a month with a BS in criminal justice
what do you suggest I do/go after?
>>
>>1223486
56k doesn't go that far in Austin. Do you live in Riverside
>>
>>1224466
How did you become one? Med school? Grad program?
>>
>>1225039
You saying law school is easy?
Not jesting. Is it?
I would be pissed if all you do i
>>
>>1223226
>21
>Boston
>B4 risk advisory
>59k salary, 6k in bonuses
>trying to move to IT security after a year or two
>>
>24

>Mexico

>Web developer on a local starup

>3.5k/yr

>My first real job, I think it's a good start
>>
>>1223346
Ayy, U of M boiz
Yes it will
>>
>>1225851
Yeah, law school's pretty easy, especially compared to working a demanding job. The first year is relatively rough because it's the most important, you don't get to pick your classes, all the classes you take have a mandatory curve, and everybody tries pretty hard. Second and third year are much more mellow with clever class selection. My school also doesn't do traditional grades--it's just a H/P system with H's to the top 33% of a class. That makes it a little more relaxed, I think.
>>
>>1223226

>27
>draw smut for a living
>30k/yr
>>
>20
>Canada
>Accounts Receivable Accountant
>34k a year
>currently a couple weeks into job, still finishing school

Job is surprisingly comfy, there are periods of nothing to do and periods of way to much to do but it's still a decent living.
>>
>28

>Maine

>Record store clerk

>12.5k per year

I make a little money on the said reselling and repairing vintage video games and consoles, but I really need to be making more. Cumberland county sucks.
>>
Does anybody here do anything involved with software development in finance in Chicago?

I'll be there as a Quantitative Research intern this summer but my company is really involved in trading and the like, so I'd love to hear more about it from other people.
>>
>>23
>>Software Development
>>$0.00
>>Still waiting to start. Applying/calling for days... Entry jobs require experience WTF...
>>
>>1224276
I'm really interested in international banking.. please tell more :)
>>
>>1224855
MN represent
>>
>>1225835
Seattle. Not quite Palo Alto, but still pretty spendy. For what it's worth, the other offer I got was for about the same amount in Nashville.
>>
>>1223552
What did you go to school for? Civil/Mechanical?
>>
>23
>Metallurgical EIT
>55k/yr
>Mining degree

Decent job at a fun start-up. Good hours, I'm learning a lot from a couple of fantastic mentors and my salary is OK. Only problem is that I have to live in my little home town in the Kootenays.
>>
>>1224310
Is there no way you can leverage your experience to find a better job elsewhere?
>>
>32
>UK
>Nothing

I jumped onto the data science bandwagon. Man was that a mistake. Struggling to find anything, and all the interesting stuff is done by very high level phd types, not shitty career changers with basic experience like me.
>>
>25
>med student
>0/yr but also no debt (EU)

I actually want a corporate job but I guess I'll do a specialty first.
>>
>>1223740
u mean be a drug dealer?
>>
>>1224732
>>1224741
Thanks a lot man, I hope there's some openings int his industry soon because I'd love to get into this
>>
File: Screenshot_20160427-133203.png (136 KB, 718x1276) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160427-133203.png
136 KB, 718x1276
>32
>Los Angeles
>Longshoreman
>pic related

Good money requiring minimal effort on most days. It would be better if affirmative action hadnt injected a bunch of useless niggers and women into my union in the 90s. But other than the lames it's a pretty sweet gig.

Oh and I'm not a college grad. I didn't even graduate high school.
>>
>23
>Long Island
>60K

Also going to add here that I have a film degree (lol). Will very likely be leaving my current job very soon to move to nyc and making 75K. It's been less than a year since I've finished uni.

My advice to you all still in college: do what you're good at and what you're passionate about. I've had way too many friends drop out of film to do something they weren't as interested or skilled in because they wanted security. If you do your internships and actually work your ass off while in college, you will stand out and be rewarded for it.
>>
It's May 2nd. Let's do this!
>>
>22
>Small town in Wisconsin
>A few credits away from Associates degree in general studies from a community college
>5k/yr from cleaning apartments

Still live with parents. I hate my life desu senpai
>>
> 26
> Chicago
> Sales Engineer (enterprise software)
> $120,000
>>
>>1226122
yeah, but without the going to prison part.
>>
>>1225840
>>>1223604 (You)
>as someone who is graduating in a month with a BS in criminal justice
>what do you suggest I do/go after?

Idk man, it's a useless degree.

Wanna be a cop?
>Get any 2 year degree, get on, then they'll pay for your edu.

Wanna be a lawyer?
>schools take STEM degrees more seriously.

I had dreams of being a federal agent and would have settled as a paralegal, but couldn't even get an interview as an $10/hr county assistant or loss prevention.
>>
>>1223226
>28

>Info Security Specialist (mostly project management & process consulting in my current role)

>$100k (+bonus & stock options)

Love it. My job is the best. I get reimbursed for certifications, paid to attend conferences/training seminars, my day job is interesting/exciting work in varied areas of network security, and browsing 4chan is considered "industry intelligence gathering".
>>
>>1223514
I know this isn't going to be responded to, but how did you get in to this?
>>
>29

>Poland

>Fund accountant

>30k PLN net/yr

>This is my second "real" job, 6 months in and I'm bored already; I have no idea what I want do
>>
>>1224751
I only know that salary fucking sucks from looking at Japanese import cars.
>>
>>1223226
>21
>Saint Louis
>Financial Valuation
>51k/yr + bonus
>Also haven't started
>>
This thread depresses me
It makes me feel like a failure, so many younger people making much more money than I do

Can someone cheer me up? Say something encouraging... I'm doing the best I can, working hard while learning web dev on the side in my free time
>>
>>1227097
do freelance shit. make connections. learn more languages.
>>
>>1227098
Yes, I'll start with that soon, I just need to get rid of this shit job that takes all my time ASAP ( I can't just leave because of contract )

I have enough saved that I can afford a grace period when I will be finding freelance gigs

It's funny I have a Masters Degree, I speak 5 languages fluently including Japanese, I am very technical, worked in web dev

and I am now stuck in a job that is so below my capabilities that I won't even describe, it's depressing as fuck and I keep asking myself how it came to this ...

I think I just have major self-confidence issues so I went for a shitty job instead of aiming higher
>>
>>1227109
Start by stop comparing yourself to others and believe in the project you're working on and stick with it. Make mistakes, learn from them, and execute and finish any project you start because there's nothing worse than an unfinished project.
>>
>>1225005

Old Xanth novels were dank as fuck.
>>
>21
>Auckland City, New Zealand
>BIG 4 Auditor
>46K
>>
>>1225857
>>1227092
B4 here too. $59k seems low for Boston. Whats up with that?
>>
File: 1462065517540.jpg (27 KB, 415x423) Image search: [Google]
1462065517540.jpg
27 KB, 415x423
>21
>Canada Land
>Family Business (manual labor)
>22k a year

If business school doesn't work out I'm putting a bullet in my head probably.
>>
Low Voltage(network cabling, security, AV) Project Manager
52k in Minnesota.

Worked in the oil fields as a geologist, which is what i got my degree in. When i saw the ship sinking i took the first ok job i could get.
>>
>>1227646
smart man
>>
>>1223226

>22 year old high school drop out.
>part time janitor
>700 dollars a month

I'm contemplating starting a /pol/ related youtube and blog though. So hopefully in a year or so I will be making some side cash.
>>
I have a bs in math, wanted to do phd but thinking about switching to ee.
>>
File: 20160106_143923.jpg (177 KB, 718x1276) Image search: [Google]
20160106_143923.jpg
177 KB, 718x1276
>>1227646
I do low voltage too. I'm not licensed in it, I just do it as side work. I get a lot of word of mouth work. Currently doing a remodel. I ran cat6 and coax. Gonna trim it out this week.

You ever fuck with home automation? I used to install crestron.
>>
File: not too crazy anymore.jpg (17 KB, 346x473) Image search: [Google]
not too crazy anymore.jpg
17 KB, 346x473
>22
>DFW, TX
>Starbucks barista
>$20k/yr
>please end me
Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.