[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soup /biz/. So I make a significant amount of money mining bitcoin.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Soup /biz/.

So I make a significant amount of money mining bitcoin.

I have to pay capital gains taxes every time I sell bitcoin for cash.

I was wondering, if I get a bitcoin debit card that automatically debits bitcoin from your wallet for cash, do I have to pay taxes?
>>
>>1222980
how do you mine? cloud mining? own rig at home?
>>
>>1222980
why not just mine it and instead of selling with that account send it to an alt one then sell it.
>>
>>1222980
>mines bitcoins
>has no idea how bitcoin works
kek sure little buddy sure
>>
>>1223028
or maybe you are talking about these debit cards that are usd or eur based but can be topped up by bitcoin? that's a standard account like any bank account if they are even legit and not a scam. which means same rules as with any other bank account and debit card. you pay taxes after income.
>>
>>1223032
Right, I understand what you're saying, but here's my point.

You don't pay taxes on bitcoin. You pay capital gains taxes after selling bitcoin in the amount of cash you recieve.

If you're never actually selling the bitcoin, but the institution is giving you cash, and debiting bitcoin directly, do you have to pay the capital gains tax at all since no actual capital gain by selling is even taking place?
>>
>>1222996
Cloud mining.
>>
>>1223036
>but the institution is giving you cash, and debiting bitcoin directly
that's not how it works tho, they use a bitcoin exchange (where they sell it) and receive cash in the denomination the card is and deposit that most likely. but even if they exchange it themselves i don't think they can actually denominate cards in bitcoin by current rules.

if they could in theory you would need to pay income tax after the bitcoins debited in some convoluted way if bitcoin is accepted as currency.
>>
>>1223039
Interesting, I see what you're saying.

I'm looking at a bunch of different debit cards, some you have to exchange first, some don't say. But if the bitcoin is never exchanged, theoretically, I might be able to avoid capital gains taxes, possibly?
>>
>>1223045
it bitcoin is accepted as legal tender and your card would be in bitcoins then you would i think need to pay income tax after the bitcoins as you receive them / get them in possession.

so not sure if there is a loophole in your country but generally it's unlikely to exist in the future.

what you can do is buy stuff for bitcoin that you can sell for cash. if a private seller doesn't have to pay tax under a certain amount per year you can get away with this method. it's highly inconvenient and as you deposit this cash on your account it raises eyebrows.
>>
>>1223038
Which cloud service? Hashocean?
>>
>>1223189
Hashnest
>>
>>1223201
That one is legit afaik. Do you think it will be profitable after the halving?
>>
File: 21c3b538bff730e84fda86a295adbfb0.jpg (669 KB, 2500x1666) Image search: [Google]
21c3b538bff730e84fda86a295adbfb0.jpg
669 KB, 2500x1666
>>1222980
You could get a bitcoin credit card. Or you can simply start buying staff with bitcoins, you can nowadays buy pretty much everything from electronics to ebookers
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.