[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/, if you lose all your gains you made over the course
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 108.gif (71 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
108.gif
71 KB, 300x100
Hey /biz/, if you lose all your gains you made over the course of the month in one day, do you normally hope it bounces back the next business day or cut your losses and run?
>>
>>1222951

In stocks, if it wasn't clear.
>>
I keep dumping everything in until it turns back around.
>>
>>1222951
if you don't know why you lost, then you'Re fucked
>>
I wait it out. I consider any money I put in stocks lost and I don't cash out until I meet my goal.
>>
>>1222953
What brand of jeans do you prefer? Since I doubt there are any that can contain balls as massive as yours.
>>
>>1222951
Daytrading in a nutshell right here
>>
>>1222951
what kind of mindset do you have to be in to risk everything you made in a month all in one trade? slow and steady wins the race, learn to make $100 a day, then scale your volume to make $200, then scale again to $400, then keep scaling until you are content. this is harder to do in stocks but easier with futures.
>>
>>1223079

I know why I lost. I lost because I was being a pig and wasn't content with my +.5% gain. I let it sit overnight and it dropped 5% instead. What's upsetting is that this isn't the first time this has happened to me.
>>
>>1223649
LOL

If you don't stick to your risk/reward metrics you're fucked. If you want +0.5% or -0.4% with the upside happening 47% of the time, you can't go around and swallow a 1% loss and keep taking 0.5% gains at the same 47% rate.

There is no make it back. You're desperate now and just chasing pennies.

Of all the shit in the market, you think the one with most potential is the one you lost 5% on? Lol.
>>
>>1222951
well i have been doing it and got royally fucked.
i had a thousand usd and i could have gotten out of it with 1% loss. now it's down 4% and no sign of turning around.
>>
>>1223694

*facepalm*

Jesus Christ. You guys are soiling your pants over $10 or $40? Just eat the $40 loss if it makes you that uncomfortable.

I've had drawdowns on investments, not trades, in the hundreds of thousands of dollar range. That's when your guts and conviction really get tested.
>>
>>1223754
well i hate to lose no matter how small the amount is.
i should have seen this coming that's what ticks me off. and also i'm pretty convinced that i should get out now because it only gonna get worse but like i said i hate losing.
>>
>>1223132
I do the same, the stocks I buy I keep until either the company goes bankrupt or I make a profit off it. I only put money I can afford to lose into stocks.
>>
>>1223757
You seem to be trading. If you are, you cannot let emotions rule your trade.

You don't like the position, take the loss.

Getting angry or frustrated about it is leaving it up to chance whether you recover or lose even more money.
>>
OP Here.

The wrench in the mix is that earning's report is due next week. If it's negative and it has another dip, it could take months (or even years) for it to recover. There's really no doubt that the stock will recover, but the issue at hand would be to either let it sit and recover, or would it be more profitable over time to abandon ship and put my money elsewhere.

I know no one actually has a solid answer to that. I just wanted to know how other people would proceed in this type of situation.
>>
>>1223827
i think i never realized a loss before that's why it's ticking me off. but yeah.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.