[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is now the time to invest in nintendo for some short term gain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: manchildren game maker.png (100 KB, 1082x599) Image search: [Google]
manchildren game maker.png
100 KB, 1082x599
Is now the time to invest in nintendo for some short term gain?
>>
Fuck off to your containment board.

>>>/v/
>>
>>1221308
Nintendo is for manchildren, as are most all video games (only exceptions being sandbox and strategy)

but I need to know if nintendo is in straight up free fall or if this is about to rebound
>>
>>1221327
Free fall
Zelda game for wii-u , that was originally release dated for 2015, before being delayed to 2016, was just delayed again to 2017, and it will no longer be wii-u exclusive, it will probs be a launch title for the new Nintendo console coming next spring
Nintendo's only original first party game release for this year is also getting bad reviews I hear

The huge profit Nintendo got from casual gamers buying wii's has been wiped away with mobile/iPad gaming filling in the casual gamer markets needs at fractions of the cost
Nintendo wanted to double down on the wii's success and so they took a huge left turn alienating their "core" audience by making the wii-u to appeal to the new market they found:casual gamers
Turns out casual gamers don't want to spend $500+ so they can count more of Mario's eyelashes though, so casual gamers have left and moved on from Nintendo, a company they never had any loyalty to to begin with.
The actual loyal Nintendo "gamers" meanwhile, have moved on from a company that has been ignoring their demands for 8+ years, and after buying a Wii and watching for years as games are promised then delayed then canceled, or strait up never made in the first place, Nintendo's usual supporters have lost all faith in the company, and Nintendo killing the wii-u this early is them admitting they fucked up

Tldr: Nintendo has spent the past ten years doing everything they can to anger their supporters in a failed attempt to gain a new audience
Nintendo announcing a new generation console early is their hail Mary pass, it's their last chance, because the wii-u has been a failure, and an antithesis of everything it was supposed to be

That being said I have no idea how their 3ds portable gaming portion of the company is going, and Nintendo has survived off of just it's Gameboy division in the past
>>
>>1221368
so not even for a short-term investment? That's all I'm looking for given the trend of the past few months
>>
>>1221377
I mean I am no genius but it just seems like a repeating graph here. Its already dipped around 16.75 3 times, see if it dips to 16.70, feel it out, if you come back to your screen and it bounced to 17, give it a shot.

I agree with the anons though, it doesn't feel too good, probably not hitting the same levels only like this as a 1 to 2 buck profit thats it.
>>
>>1221290
Well is there any reason why Nintendo might be falling?

If it is falling for a reason, then don't buy it.

If it is falling, but for no reason, and the market is generally optimistic about the stock over the medium-long term, then you might be able to make money off the volatility, like you are suggesting.

Just remember, if you're buying, someone else is selling. Why would someone sell, unless they believe the stock is overvalued and going to continue sinking? Do they know something you don't know?
>>
>>1221368
Nintendo have such a big war chest from being successful for so long, and the DS and Wii dominated I don't think they're going anywhere, but I definitely think they are cemented in third place for the foreseeable future
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.