[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The AMZN 8-K SEC filing was released online today at 4:08pm,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (108 KB, 1892x844) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
108 KB, 1892x844
The AMZN 8-K SEC filing was released online today at 4:08pm, yet the share price soared at 4:01pm. Were these speculators or something else?
>>
>was released online today at 4:08pm

some people had this info before/someone leaked it probably
>>
are you dumb? key earnings metrics come in before the full filing/8k comes in. you can literally tune into CNBC and start getting the numbers at like ~4:05ish, and the people who actually trade get them earlier.
>>
>>1221143

Insiders.

It's how you make money on the stock market.
>>
>>1221821
t. another dumb person who doesnt know how market information communication works
>>
>>1221143
when the market closes, the liquidity closes as well. it's a lot easier to move price around
>>
>>1221143
>key earnings metrics come in before the full filing/8k comes in
Where? What can possibly be released before the SEC filing?
>>
>>1222254
the 10q is where the numbers are, the 8k isnt even the normal earnings report

news networks, institutional investors, and misc. other people with connections have direct lines to companies. companies are mandated to release stuff to all parties at the same time, and that's usually done by them uploading the 10Q to their IR website at a set-time, so it fulfills the "all investors could theoretically access it" requirement. then the big guys with connections usually get a summarized version with some key figures.
>>
>>1222274
This shit cracks me up.
Some guy was trying to convince me he didn't need after hours access because "There is no legitimate reason a stock should move after hours".
It was like 'earnings' was a foreign word to him.
>>
>>1222340
the fact that this board doesn't even understand this shows how hilarious it is to try to discuss stocks/finance in any depth here
>>
>>1222946
I don't like the fact that the 'official' stock thread on /biz/ is called Robinhood General. Is this some advertising campaign for/from this company or what the fuck?

I miss the /sfig/ threads from the beginning of /biz/ and on /pol/ before this board.

Here's a nice twitter account for information about market structure, order execution, market makers, the SEC, a lot of (legal) crimes that happen in the stock market and more:
https://twitter.com/nanexllc (Eric Scott Hunsader)

And everyone should read this, or at least understand a bit of it before placing an order on the stock market:
http://www.nanex.net/aqck2/What-Every-Retail-Investor-Needs-to-Know.pdf
>>
>>1222946
>try to discuss stocks/finance in any depth here
Yeah, I've mostly given up.

>>1223114
>the 'official' stock thread
Annoying as fuck. I actually thought RH was a brokerage when I first came to /biz/.
I'll give them credit, they've been pretty successful pushing their narrative.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.