[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm new to trading here. If I have a margin account and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 123.png (10 KB, 1172x186) Image search: [Google]
123.png
10 KB, 1172x186
I'm new to trading here. If I have a margin account and I have enough cash in the account for the purchase of a stock, am I allowed to finance that transaction using exclusively cash, or am I forced to borrow on margin? I just bought a number of shares and pic related is what my account displays (ignore the -19.95 US $). Prior to purchasing the stock I had $794 in cash) The market value is the value of my shares plus the remaining cash. Then next to it is margin at $414.97. I don't know what this means.
>>
Please help. What does Margin (End of Day) mean? Is it the amount of money I can borrow should I choose to buy more?
>>
Pls respond.
>>
>>1221014

I don't understand. Did your account only have CAD and then you bought something in USD. They don't automatically do currency for you.

If you buy something USD you first need to exchange CAD into USD and then buy. Or just not worry about it. But exchange rate risk and stuff. But whatever.
>>
>>1221179
Yeah I had bought a U.S. stock before and sold at a loss, but that doesn't matter to me. What I want to know is what the dollar figure under margin means, since all of my cash seemingly went into my stock purchase. I bought the stock with just cash, not on margin, so why is there $414 under margin?
>>
>>1221187

I really don't know. Looks like you have 62.61 CAD cash, you own 751.10 CAD worth of equity, so in total 813.71 of "money" in cash and equity.

Maybe the Margin column means how much of that "money" you could use in case you wanted to buy on Margin...
>>
>>1221199
That's what I was thinking.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.