[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
22 years old. Would you rather work 12 hour days 3-4 days a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1450243156137.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1450243156137.png
1 MB, 640x1136
22 years old. Would you rather work 12 hour days 3-4 days a week or 8 hour days 6-7 days a week? Got 2 job offers. I like them both, but the schedules are different. I'm thinking of going for the 12 hour shift one. It pays less but has better benefits and I basically have half the year off. The other pays $5 more per hour but has a shitty 401K, health insurance is shit (they don't even cover the deductible), and a no missed days policy for the first year. So if I'm sick, then I might as well find a new job.

The 12 hour shift job is operating machinery in a plastic plant that I've been working for since I turned 18, packing and inspecting vinyl siding for houses. So will be putting up with shitty smells and heat all day. But I finally completed operator training and can run machinery now. Pays $18.50/hour. The other job is in a chocolate plant, operating peanut roasting machinery. It pays $22/hour.
>>
>>1220977
do you get overtime for the plastic plant job?
>>
>>1220977
go with the second one ya dummy, you gonna make hundreds more a week, save up and then invest it and gtfo
>>
>>1220977
Well obviously you would make more at the peanut factory so I'd work there if I were you, but do whatever works for you man.
>>
>>1220977
I'm a nurse I do the 12's, its the way to go even if you have a family - one recovery / running errands and shopping day and you still have a 3 day weekend.

Plus unless you have nothing but good habits and an abundance of willpower you aren't going to be doing anything useful after you're 8 hour shift anyway
>>
>>1220996
>do you get overtime for the plastic plant job?

Depends on the time of the year. Sometimes once a week sometimes once a year.

>>1221006
Yeah I've been working 12s since I was 18 and kind of like it. The 4 day off weeks are great. I can always go camping or fishing. I couldn't imagine working Mon-Fri yet alone 6-7 days a week.
>>
>>1221023

Fuck. I meant sometimes once a week sometimes once a month.
>>
>>1220977

3 - 4 days a week is better.

work days are shot anyway.

sometimes i work a 6hr day, but somehow the day is still just ruined, not really any extra fun to be had with the remaining time
>>
>>1221023
i meant daily. anything over 8 hours is supposed to be overtime
>>
>>1221090
Anything over 40 hours a week is 1.5x pay in this state.
>>
job 2 produces between 39% and 59% more money based on your numbers
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.