[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How wealthy do you have to be for owning a private jet to be viable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: Cessna_Citation_Mustang_N416CM.jpg (19 KB, 553x368) Image search: [Google]
Cessna_Citation_Mustang_N416CM.jpg
19 KB, 553x368
How wealthy do you have to be for owning a private jet to be viable?
>>
If you don't travel that much, it's not viable no matter how wealthy you are.
>>
>>1220717
You could say that about any mode of transport.
>>
>>1220717
This kinda
Their rates are fucking retarded higg, even if you own the damn plane.

With public flights and skype calls private jets are there for corps that enjoy masturbating
>>
A Global 5000 would set you back about 40m USD. The new Global 7000 will set you back about 60m USD once it rolls into production.
>>
Your company buys and pays for the jet. You don't.
>>
>>1220796
>>1220803
Private jets are not just business jets, there are tiny personal ones like the Stratos 714 or Epic Victory.
>>
>>1220809
Then you'd probably ballpark about 5m USD
>>
For what purpose?

Unless you want to do drug runs in clandestine airfields deep in the colobian jungle, Rafael and me used to make a killing, no pun intended.
>>
>>1220689
>private jet
>not comfy personal cessna
>>
>>1220814
No, I know how much they cost, that's widely available information. The cheapest are around $1M. I'm just wondering what the typical net worth of an individual who would consider buying and using one be.

>>1220818
Pleasure and regular flights between your nice seaside villa in Spain and your HQ in London for example.

For more irregular worldwide business flights chartered flights make far more sense, but I could see some wealthy City people doing the above. In fact I know for a fact they do it, I'm just not sure how big of a cost relative to their net worth it is.

>>1220828
The private jet in the OP pic is literally a Cessna.
>>
>>1220836
sorry, meant comfy personal single prop aircraft

like the cessna 172 or flight design ct
>>
>>1220689
stupid rich

Just fly commercial faggot
Stop wasting your investor's money
>>
>>1220689
If it floats, flies, drives, or fucks, lease it, don't buy it.

Never buy a depreciating asset like a plane. If you want to fly private, charter a jet. Typical charter of a g6 or equivalent will run you $5000 for a short flight, closer to 10 or 15 for a longer trip. So, assuming you take less than 10 trips a year, expect to pay maybe $50k annual in charter flight fees, obviously dependent on where you go and what you fly in.

http://www.privatefly.com/us/private-flights/how-much-does-a-private-flight-cost
>>
>>1220852
how does one lease a gf as opposed to owning one?

or are you saying a whore has less TCO than a gf?
>>
>>1220852
But I fly to my villa and back practically every weekend, that's a hundred flights a year.
>>
>>1220852
>Leasing cars
Lmao poor
>>
>>1220814
you can pick up a Hawker beechcraft 800 or a Cessna Cittation for like 2 mil.
>>
T swift has 2 Dassaults.. Thats like 6 jet engines bro

http://www.avbuyer.com/aircraft-for-sale/dassault-falcon/50/291842
>>
>>1220913
taylor swift a qt and best biz waifu
>>
Buy a Lancair IV

Stupid performance out of that little thing.
>>
File: reac1.png (205 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
reac1.png
205 KB, 505x431
>>1220778
Are you actually mental
>>
>>1220689

$1,000,000+ in income per year would probably get you into the ballgame
>>
The big expenses are gonna be parking your jet, fueling your jet, and hiring a pilot. Not buying the jet.
>>
>>1220913
>>1220918

My dad is an aircraft mechanic. He met Taylor Swift's personal mechanic, they flew her jet into his airport for service.
>>
>>1220913
theres actually rumors of taylor swift being on 4chan
>>
People also have to remember that you don't even need a jet if you plan on doing most of your travel in the US (which most Americans do).

I was monitoring airline traffic in Pittsburgh and this helicopter flew by and I looked up where they were going. It was like a 2 and a half hour flight to Tennessee and I think it came from Erie. That's pretty cool and it shows you don't need an expensive jet to get around the States.
>>
>>1221015
Also forgot to add that you pretty much need to learn on a Cesna before you can move to a helicopter because of costs and ease of learning. Still just a small Cesna is all you need to have free rain over the US, populated Canada, and tourist destinations in Mexico.
>>
>>1220900
Plus maintenance, plus someone to fly it
>>
>>1220881
Still cheaper than 5 million for the plane (one time cost), 200k for the maintenance yearly, 50k for the gas yearly, and 75k for the pilot yearly. I'm not even counting insurance here. If you take 50 round trip flights a year, if it costs you less than 6500 a trip to charter, it's a no brainer. If you own the plane, it's gonna cost you ~$10500 per flight to fly yourself, not counting insurance and depreciation on the plane.
>>
>>1220858
Whores and sugar babies.

>>1220887
If you want to keep it forever, buy it. If you want a new one every 3-5 years, lease it.

If it's a sports car, and not investment quality, lease it.
>>
>>1221050
Personal jets are much cheaper to operate than that and you can just fly them yourself lik you would a propeller cessna.

There was an article about this (on Forbes I think) which calculated that at 200-250 flight hours per year and above owning a personal jet was cheaper than charter flights.

There's
>>
>>1221059
This is incorrect. You need to have a pilots license, then a jet license, then there's another step for planes with more than one jet engine. That's thousands of hours of training and lots of money. Also, the FAA requires more than one licensed pilot to fly certain models of jet.
>>
>>1221059
>hey guys I bought this 5 million dollar plane so I can fly wherever I want whenever I want!
>but I have to fly myself

Why would you buy a plane and then fly it yourself? That's not enjoyable or luxurious at all. The cockpit has to be the least luxurious part about any charter style jet. Not only that, but flying long distances would be boring af, just like driving a limo.
>>
>>1221065
Quite a few personal jets are eligible for single pilot operation, and getting a jet rating for a personal licence holder is just a few weeks' training, nothing like the stringency needed to flight a commercial jet.
>>
>>1221076
>That's not enjoyable or luxurious at all.
What? Flying is an enjoyable rich people hobby. Do you get a chauffeur to drive your sports car as well?

>flying long distances
But my villa near Barcelona is just two hours away from London if I get a Stratos 714.

The operating costs seem sensible too:
http://www.stratosaircraft.com/operating_cost.html
>>
http://jetadvisors.com/everymans-private-jet/
>>
>>1220689
Maybe 20-25M a year?

Depends on how often you travel of course.
>>
>>1220887
The actual saying is floats, flies, or fucks

He just added in drives because he's autistic
>>
>>1221076
Flying a plane is fun as fuck man. I'd probably fly my own charter jet if I were rich and had a family of four.
>>
For me it'd probably be around a billion or so. At that point I don't think I'd care about spending 40 mil on a jet and 120k a year for an on call pilot or whatever it costs.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.