[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the point of investing if you aren't going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4
File: 1369698098541.jpg (88 KB, 925x920) Image search: [Google]
1369698098541.jpg
88 KB, 925x920
What's the point of investing if you aren't going to be rich until you're fucking 80 and your dick is falling off?
>>
What's the point of being rich when happiness is internal?
>>
>>1202438
Think of it like this. You'll be richer in your 50s than someone who worked harder and was a slave to the debt Jew.

At least you have some freedom by investing a decent portion of your income.
>>
What's the point of being rich when you're still going to be 80 and have your dick fall off?
>>
>>1202438
I agree, the /biz/ path is a shit..
I feel that Im wasting my time learning this
>>
>>1202531
>>1202438

This is why get rich quick plans are however unfortunately, yet unavoidably the only ones worth having their potential realized. You may obtain a large quantity of various liquidity through decades of careful investing and conservative spending, but it matters not if you are too weak and feeble to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
The old saying - go big or go home applies here.
Life is a poker tournament.
>>
>>1202545
>Life is a poker tournament.
How would you apply those that get a good education, get a wife, buy a house, get kids, travel and live life happily with a steady income throughout their entire life into a fucking poker tournament?

The dealer? Fuck off
>>
If you do it properly you can retire to a cheaper contry in 10 years and be a free man there...
>>
>>1202545
So I have to learn how to manage my money and investing it wise but only to use it after a big ALL-IN?
If not I will learn all this things and wasted a lot of time in my youths only to be a halfass decrepit oldman with just a bit of money..

It seems that the only true path is to have been born in a wealthy family, if not prepare your ass to be a wageslave for thevrest of your miserable poor life
>>
The only people who believe this are beta fucks that think money will make up for the fact that you never went to Timmy's slumber party or took your high school sweet hearts virginity. You know, stuff that normal people do on a daily basis without having any money.

Money makes your life significantly better no matter the age. Don't worry though, with your pathetic mindset you will never have anything if value no matter how old you are.
>>
>>1202438
The difference is that working for a salary is taxed.

If you know where to put your money, you can avoid being taxed and save so much more money.

Read the millionaire next door for a bit of explanation on this.

But like someone else said, happiness will not be derived from riches. Read some Eckhart Tolle for more on that.
>>
>>1202558
Can you enlighten us with the right mindset?
>>
>>1202563
>But like someone else said, happiness will not be derived from riches.
"I prefer to cry in a ferrary" some people say
>>
>>1202565
Save money, be smart. Don't waste money but don't be frugal at the expense of living a normal life.

Take calculated risks knowing that they might not work out, but you at least have a good chance.

Put everything in GALXF and Trump and retire next year.
>>
My thoughts, I'd rather be rich and old than poor and old. Those are really the only choices, since the getting old part is not optional
>>
>>1202571
Be realistic, who the fuck in 2016 wants to live like a cheap ass only to have money in your 60s yras old?
While rich kids waste money and enjoy life traveling and experiencing things
>>
You can't avoid being old so you might as well make it as unshitty as possible.
>>
>>1202580
I'm going to Vegas next month, and Asia in October. I'm also contributing 10% of my pay to a Roth IRA and have a lot of money in a brokerage account I invest. The point was if you're smart about it you can have both.

If you're complaining because your not one out of a billion with super rich parents that let you jet around the world every day, get over yourself and be glad you were born in a first world country where you can still travel relatively frequently and do whatever you want. You're better off than 95% of the world.

Otherwise come up with an idea, it's easier to become rich today than ever.
>>
>>1202580
rich kids parents are loaded, they deserve it cuz their parents are better then yours, financially.
>>
>>1202605
>they deserve it
Kek
>>
>>1202596
>Otherwise come up with an idea, it's easier to become rich today than ever
What was your idea?
>>
>>1202596
Good post. Here's a stat for you, if you earn more than 50k per year, you are in the top 1% of the world.
>>
>>1202558
You're like my mum, fixed on this notion of how much better life will be once she's well off.

Having money is a huge worry of your chest which I cannot deny is comforting. However, the things money buys are short lived highs that society has lead us to believe causes happiness. Or they are simply just expectations of yourself being fulfilled which once fulfilled will leave you totally empty.

Ever wondered why some African poverty ridden kids are so happy? It's because their mindset is totally different. They don't grow up being taught that material things will make them happy because if they did, they all be dreadfully unhappy because their chances of getting out of poverty is next to none. Thus, they derive happiness from a sense of acceptance; to simply embrace what they have and to not want anything more.
>>
>>1202438

it won't take that long if you have an avg/above avg income and are disciplined. If you put as much as you can into an S&P 500 index fund every month, ignore bear markets and keep investing monthly, you'll get there sooner than you think.
>>
>>1202557
>>1202557
or you could just invent something or create a business.. you know, contribute to the world?
>>
>>1202445
>>1202558
Spoken like the true autistic Gen-Z anxious losers you are.

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as you. My parents and pretty much any older gen person completely disregards the importance of a healthy mind and if your personality is compatible with raising a family of your own.

They simply seem to think that responsibility and maturity will come naturally from life experience.
Well maybe that's true for people who actually go outside and socialize from a young age, but what about us - the geeks who are naturally misfit manchildren who are completely mute and will have a panic attack if they dare say more than 2 sentences and who can barely feel what hapiness is like. We should feel lucky to still be breathing. We should in fact be considered legitimately handicapped.

How do we become happy and how can buttloads of money help us, 4chan?
>>
>>1202786
>we should, in fact, be considered handicapped

No you shouldn't you should force yourself to experience nature and interact with other people. Try different experiences that aren't in front of a screen. This mentality is going to kill you, although I can't say that many here are really alive.
>>
So you can give a better future to your kids.
You do have kids, right?
>>
>>1202822
Lol, no. Kids, heaven forfend...
>>
>muh false dichotomy
it's no surprise that poorfags are stupid
401k and IRA cap at only $23.5k/yr
its easy to save if youre not worthless
>>
>>1202641

>tfw making 80k and underpaid compared to friends and coworkers
>>
>>1202583
desu senpai you can't avoid randomly dying either so that argument can work either way
>>
>>1202551

The Pajeet wearing fake ray bans who gets his money taken by the only woman at the table because he goes all in on a straight and gets beat out by 3 jacks
>>
>>1202646
>African poverty ridden kids are so happy
>implying

They live incredibly depressing lives once that childhood naivety wears off and they have the mental capacity to realize that their lives are shitty as fuck and their close family is dieing of malaria and aids and shit
>>
File: btc2lambo.jpg (292 KB, 1604x985) Image search: [Google]
btc2lambo.jpg
292 KB, 1604x985
Life is a scam unless you inherit, welcome to the real world.

You can still buy 21 BTC while it's still 3 figures. You'll have to wait 10 to 20 years to retire to the rich lifestyle tho, but other than that there aren't any other guaranteed ways to get rich, and most likely you will not do this due normalcy bias.

*While you stockpile 21 BTC asap, you could also luck to get lucky with some altcoin (could have been rich buying Blackcoin, Ethereum, Maid.. and a couple other shitcoins in the past, but I didn't have enough BTC to risk. Now I have enough to retire in the 10-20 year time when I will be around 40, so I can start gambling 1 or 2 BTCs in the next shitcoin big pump and hope I make it).

All other assets are boring and deprecated. Crypto is where it's at post 2015.
>>
>>1202551
the cuck
>>
>>1202694
>S&P 500
lmao
enjoy being rich by age 200
fucking oldfag minded faggots
>>
It's an investment for the next generation. Unless you have no/shitty offspring, but that's your fault.
>>
>>1203427
cope
>>
>>1203421
Where or how I aquire a 2016 minset?
Please enlight me
>>
>>1203445
>cope
This word does not mean what you think it means.
>>
>>1202984
Straight beats trip jacks. If you go all in and don't have shit, even a lowly pair of deuces will send you home.
>>
File: sage of six feels.png (46 KB, 428x271) Image search: [Google]
sage of six feels.png
46 KB, 428x271
>What's the point of investing
To be financially independent and not having to slave away. You can achieve that in your 40s if you start in your 20s.

It's not about driving a Ferrari, it's about not having to wake up with an alarm clock and put up with your boss/client shit all day.
>>
>>1202464

So what?

Won't be rich in 50's

Makes more sense to enjoy my left over money now while I'm still healthy and able, then to tie it up in investments
>>
>>1202786
You are projecting hardcore right now, holy fuck
>>
The only way to get rich young is to create an asset that you can sell for big money or that at least passively earns you money.

Unless you're a good investor with substantial capital already behind you (million dollar inheritance), trying to trade or invest your way into wealth is a fool's errand.
>>
>>1203802
Why?
Prove it
>>
>>1202438
>Investing long term
>>
>>1202438
who said it would take that long? I'll hit millionaire net worth by I'm 35 and I didn't even graduate from university until 25. what idiot takes like 60 years to just be rich?
>>
>>1202438
80 is death, not retirement, much less the point where you have a respectable amount of money. Investing builds wealth and financial independence for you and your children. Why not invest?
>>
File: Ethereum-launches-1.jpg (124 KB, 3200x1801) Image search: [Google]
Ethereum-launches-1.jpg
124 KB, 3200x1801
Psst. Buy ether
>>
>>1202438
I don't spend all of my money at once, I may as well get a little more than bank interest rates
>>
>>1202438
Anon, it's not about the end of the trip. It's about the trip itself. Start a business not for the money but for what that business represent to you. Own, work and invest in you ideals, your business.
>>
>>1203914
T
H
I
S
>>
>>1202563
explain your offshore panama tax fortress pls
you have no US investments, property , or income?
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.